Old 17-02-2012, 09:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default MBA market study for summerhouse in the UK

I am currently conducting a market research as part of my studies to
find out what customers wants for their “Garden Summerhouses” and
“Garden sheds” I would be delighted to get your feedback as the survey
takes couple of minutes to complete and I have couple of £20.00
vouchers on the draw.

http://survey.comportdesign.com

Thank you very much for your time
Old 17-02-2012, 11:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"david grossniklaus" wrote ...

I am currently conducting a market research as part of my studies to
find out what customers wants for their “Garden Summerhouses” and
“Garden sheds” I would be delighted to get your feedback as the survey
takes couple of minutes to complete and I have couple of £20.00
vouchers on the draw.

First get a garden big enough for either, almost impossible with a modern
house.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 17-02-2012, 03:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

*"david grossniklaus" wrote in message

*I am currently conducting a market research as part of my studies to
*find out what customers wants for their “Garden Summerhouses” and
*“Garden sheds” I would be delighted to get your feedback as the survey
*takes couple of minutes to complete and I have couple of £20.00
*vouchers on the draw.

*http://survey.comportdesign.com

*Thank you very much for your time

(1) Learn to spell entertainment :-). And entertainment is not the only use
of a garden room. Many people have offices or other work rooms.
(2) Do you own a summerhouse or shed - many people own both or at least
several sheds. Next door has a summer house and a shed. I have a shed and a
"Mother of All Sheds" which will be part garden room and part storage and
part workshop some time in the future. Potting sheds also seem to have
slipped off your radar - somewhere where light and window size are very
important. You also ask about number of windows, but give no indication of
size.
(3) You have B&Q listed twice.
(4) You don't give an option for "other store" in your list of places to
purchase, just "none of the above". I bought some gardening stuff from
Travis Perkins (wheel barrow and a shovel). I bought some gardening tools
from Screwfix. There is nowhere in your survey to indicate this.
(5) You limit your floor size to 10'*10' - not particularly big for a
summerhouse. Not even particularly big for a shed or greenhouse where 8'*12'
is a common size. A decent summer house/garden room should be as big an an
internal room of a house - at least 12'*12' should be considered, probably
larger.
(6) Where is "no thank you - I don't want to go bloody miles to a focus
group all for the sake of a £20 voucher"?
(7) Your final form complains if you don't give a phone number and
postcode - even though these are not starred fields. Hint - I would not
absolutely trust the values in these fields.

All in all, an interesting survey in parts, but not of the highest quality -
seriously flawed in many places.

No interest at all in customers who might want to buy or do anything outside
your very narrow focus, nor why they might not want to buy the variants of
the products you are pushing. Surveys should have 'other' boxes, preferably
with a comments field, to identify where you have asked questions where
there is no correct answer.

Cheers

Dave R
[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Old 17-02-2012, 05:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 17 Feb 2012 15:55:15 -0000, "David WE Roberts"
wrote:

*"david grossniklaus" wrote in message

*I am currently conducting a market research as part of my studies to
*find out what customers wants for their “Garden Summerhouses” and
*“Garden sheds” I would be delighted to get your feedback as the survey
*takes couple of minutes to complete and I have couple of £20.00
*vouchers on the draw.

*http://survey.comportdesign.com

*Thank you very much for your time

Pruned

Cheers

Dave R

May I add to Dave's comments that I looked at your survey and moved on
without bothering to respond. I totally agree with everything he's
said plus the offer of a chance of winning a £20 voucher in return for
giving identifiable details to someone who you don't know from Adam
isn't an enticement; it's actually quite the reverse to anyone with
any sense.

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling happily from the dryer end of Swansea Bay.
A raisin is just a grape with sunburn.
Old 17-02-2012, 05:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David WE Roberts" wrote in message

[...]

That will teach him/her to post in urg without permission !!

Mike

Old 17-02-2012, 05:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

[...]

ENDORSED!!

Only want the 'boss' to pass comment now!!

Mike

Summerhouse Sheila United Kingdom 2 16-03-2009 04:46 PM
Victorian Summerhouse trin United Kingdom 3 05-06-2006 10:39 AM
summerhouse plans or designs marl0 United Kingdom 1 06-08-2003 02:12 PM
San Francisco Plant Study Group Tonite Erik Leung Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 14-02-2003 08:03 PM
Klamath Water study alledgedly suppressed Daniel B. Wheeler alt.forestry 1 04-11-2002 05:41 PM