Old 19-02-2012, 12:20 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.gardening,uk.politics.misc

Default Sodium Chloride!! ... the silent killer??

In article
, harry
writes
In every home!...Is the government *hushing this dangerous chemical
up. * Be warned!!

Don't forget that dangerous acetic acid!

LOL, I have been known to drink vinegar, acetic acid for the uneducated,
my gran told me my blood would dry up, I've made 65 so I guess she was
wrong.

Mike

Yorkshire Halvard Lange
Old 19-02-2012, 08:09 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

A construct by someone who has not twigged that chemical names are actually descriptions of their structure? Interesting parallel with latin names of plants.
__________________
Old 19-02-2012, 09:43 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.gardening,uk.politics.misc

Michael Swift wrote:
In article
,
harry writes
In every home!...Is the government hushing this dangerous chemical
up. Be warned!!

Don't forget that dangerous acetic acid!

LOL, I have been known to drink vinegar, acetic acid for the
uneducated, my gran told me my blood would dry up, I've made 65 so I
guess she was wrong.

It's too soon to tell.

Give it a few more years, and I reckon she'll be absolutely right.
Old 19-02-2012, 11:50 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.gardening,uk.politics.misc

On Feb 19, 12:15*am, Michael Swift wrote:
In article
,
sutartsorric writes

I think if anyone sat down and ate a kilo of many other chemical compounds
they would not feel too good.

I think if you ate a kilo of anything you wouldn't be well, chips,
steak, ice cream, whatever, moderation in all things.

Mike

You might not have watched that pointless TV programme called Man v
Food.

The main 'star' of that show has eaten a 72oz steak in less than an
hour, and did not look too uncomfortable.
Old 19-02-2012, 12:55 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.gardening,uk.politics.misc

On Sat, 18 Feb 2012 11:36:02 +0000, Max Demian
wrote:

On Sat, 18 Feb 2012 01:24:35 +0000 (UTC), Ronald Tompkins
wrote:

In every home!...Is the government hushing this dangerous chemical
up. Be warned!!

On the contrary, I think that there is much too much dubious advice
about the supposed harmfulness of excessive salt in the diet. As a
consequence we have to put up with increasingly bland processed
foodstuffs.

See: http://www.spiked-online.com/index.p...article/10683/

The real danger is dihydrogen monoxide, as any fule kno.

Guy
--
Guy Chapman, http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
The usenet price promise: all opinions are guaranteed

Old 19-02-2012, 02:28 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.gardening,uk.politics.misc

In article
,
sutartsorric writes
I think if you ate a kilo of anything you wouldn't be well, chips,
steak, ice cream, whatever, moderation in all things.

Mike

You might not have watched that pointless TV programme called Man v
Food.

The main 'star' of that show has eaten a 72oz steak in less than an hour,
and did not look too uncomfortable.

Probably because his single brain cell didn't register any discomfort.

Mike

Yorkshire Halvard Lange
Old 19-02-2012, 02:48 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.gardening,uk.politics.misc

On Feb 18, 11:29*am, Mike wrote:
On 18/02/2012 01:24, Ronald Tompkins wrote:

In every home!...Is the government *hushing this dangerous chemical
up. * Be warned!!

Changed to black pepper ages ago and feel much better.

WHS
Old 19-02-2012, 07:39 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.gardening,uk.politics.misc
aaa aaa is offline

sutartsorric wrote:

On Feb 18, 5:33*pm, "aaa" wrote:
charles wrote:
In article
,
* *harry wrote:
On Feb 18, 1:24 am, Ronald Tompkins
wrote:
In every home!...Is the government *hushing this dangerous
chemical up. * Be warned!!

Don't forget that dangerous acetic acid!

and hydric dioxide - terribel stuff -

It does look nasty, perhaps someone should organise a petition and
try to get DHMO banned.

Some basic facts about DHMO

Dihydrogen Monoxide (DHMO) is a colorless and odorless chemical
compound, also referred to by some as Dihydrogen Oxide, Hydrogen
Hydroxide, Hydronium Hydroxide, or simply Hydric acid. Its basis is
the highly reactive hydroxyl radical, a species shown to mutate DNA,
denature proteins, disrupt cell membranes, and chemically alter
critical neurotransmitters. The atomic components of DHMO are found
in a number of caustic, explosive and poisonous compounds such as
Sulfuric Acid, Nitroglycerine and Ethyl Alcohol.

Should I be concerned about Dihydrogen Monoxide?

Yes, you should be concerned about DHMO! Although the U.S.
Government and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) do not
classify Dihydrogen Monoxide as a toxic or carcinogenic substance
(as it does with better known chemicals such as hydrochloric acid
and benzene), DHMO is a constituent of many known toxic substances,
diseases and disease-causing agents, environmental hazards and can
even be lethal to humans in quantities as small as a thimbleful.

What are some of the dangers associated with DHMO?

Each year, Dihydrogen Monoxide is a known causative component in
many thousands of deaths and is a major contributor to millions upon
millions of dollars in damage to property and the environment. Some
of the known perils of Dihydrogen Monoxide a * Death due to
accidental inhalation of DHMO, even in small quantities.
Prolonged exposure to solid DHMO causes severe tissue damage.
Excessive ingestion produces a number of unpleasant though not
typically life-threatening side-effects.
DHMO is a major component of acid rain.
Gaseous DHMO can cause severe burns.
Contributes to soil erosion.
Leads to corrosion and oxidation of many metals.
Contamination of electrical systems often causes short-circuits.
Exposure decreases effectiveness of automobile brakes.
Found in biopsies of pre-cancerous tumors and lesions.
Given to vicious dogs involved in recent deadly attacks.
Often associated with killer cyclones in the U.S. Midwest and
elsewhere, and in hurricanes including deadly storms in Florida, New
Orleans and other areas of the southeastern U.S.
Thermal variations in DHMO are a suspected contributor to the El
Nino weather effect.

You are talking to yourself again. Maybe you need to lie down?

Thanks for reading the post
Old 20-02-2012, 09:11 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.gardening,uk.politics.misc

On Feb 18, 10:40*am, Mike P wrote:
On Sat, 18 Feb 2012 02:37:29 -0800, Richard McKenzie stammered:

On Feb 18, 1:24*am, Ronald Tompkins wrote:
In every home!...Is the government *hushing this dangerous chemical up.
* Be warned!!

Too little Sodium Chloride in your diet is more harmful than to much.

Feel free to sit down now and eat a kilo of salt with a spoon and tell us
what happens you utter fool.

--
Mike P

Mike

I did not say that eating too much salt was not bad for you, i stated
that having too little in your diet is actually more harmful.
Old 20-02-2012, 09:12 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.gardening,uk.politics.misc

On Feb 18, 9:40*pm, Lasher wrote:
On 18/02/2012 10:37, Richard McKenzie wrote:

On Feb 18, 1:24 am, Ronald *wrote:
In every home!...Is the government *hushing this dangerous chemical
up. * Be warned!!

Too little Sodium Chloride in your diet is more harmful than to much.

You're 100% right about that Richard! In fact high quality salt is
essential for human life and without it we would die.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar.../02/17/dangers...

http://www.saltsense.co.uk/

http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroo....html?d=243574

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re_V0...ature=youtu.be

http://www.saltinstitute.org/

http://www.thesaltguru.com/

Thanks

Old 20-02-2012, 09:14 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.gardening,uk.politics.misc

On Feb 19, 12:20*am, Michael Swift wrote:
In article
, harry
writes

In every home!...Is the government *hushing this dangerous chemical
up. * Be warned!!

Don't forget that dangerous acetic acid!

LOL, I have been known to drink vinegar, acetic acid for the uneducated,
my gran told me my blood would dry up, I've made 65 so I guess she was
wrong.

Mike

--
Michael Swift * * * * * We do not regard Englishmen as foreigners.
Kirkheaton * * * * * * *We look on them only as rather mad Norwegians.

A friend at University would regularly drink from a bottle of vinegar
and water.
Old 20-02-2012, 09:14 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.gardening,uk.politics.misc

On Feb 19, 12:20*am, Michael Swift wrote:
In article
, harry
writes

In every home!...Is the government *hushing this dangerous chemical
up. * Be warned!!

Don't forget that dangerous acetic acid!

LOL, I have been known to drink vinegar, acetic acid for the uneducated,
my gran told me my blood would dry up, I've made 65 so I guess she was
wrong.

Mike

--
Michael Swift * * * * * We do not regard Englishmen as foreigners.
Kirkheaton * * * * * * *We look on them only as rather mad Norwegians.
Yorkshire * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Halvard Lange

Though its good for hiccups
Old 20-02-2012, 10:53 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.gardening,uk.politics.misc

On Feb 18, 1:24 am, Ronald wrote:
In every home!...Is the government hushing this dangerous chemical
up. Be warned!!

Too little Sodium Chloride in your diet is more harmful than to much.

You're 100% right about that Richard! In fact high quality salt is
essential for human life and without it we would die.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar.../02/17/dangers...

http://www.saltsense.co.uk/

http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroo....html?d=243574

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re_V0...ature=youtu.be

http://www.saltinstitute.org/

http://www.thesaltguru.com/

Thanks

Yeah. Right. They look about as authoritative as the claims that high
fructose corn syrup is good for you (if you want type II diabetes and
hypertension) or tobacco industry stuff proving that smoking does not
cause cancer. Why I am not surprised that various salt manufacturers
associations are saying that you should eat shed loads of salt - could
it be that they profit from increased sales?

Some dietary salt is essential, but it is also true that far too much
modern processed food contains way too much salt (and sugar).

Sodium is so common in the environment that it is rare to be deficient
today unless you do something very silly on a fad diet.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Old 20-02-2012, 10:56 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.gardening,uk.politics.misc

"Martin Brown" wrote in message

Yeah. Right. They look about as authoritative as the claims that high
fructose corn syrup is good for you (if you want type II diabetes and
hypertension) or tobacco industry stuff proving that smoking does not
cause cancer. Why I am not surprised that various salt manufacturers
associations are saying that you should eat shed loads of salt - could it
be that they profit from increased sales?

Some dietary salt is essential, but it is also true that far too much
modern processed food contains way too much salt (and sugar).

Sodium is so common in the environment that it is rare to be deficient
today unless you do something very silly on a fad diet.

Sodium chloride is associated with stomach cancer. People eat far too much
added salt in their diet.

Old 20-02-2012, 11:15 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.gardening,uk.politics.misc

Richard McKenzie wrote:
On Feb 18, 10:40 am, Mike P wrote:
On Sat, 18 Feb 2012 02:37:29 -0800, Richard McKenzie stammered:

On Feb 18, 1:24 am, Ronald Tompkins wrote:
In every home!...Is the government hushing this dangerous chemical
up. Be warned!!

Too little Sodium Chloride in your diet is more harmful than to
much.

Feel free to sit down now and eat a kilo of salt with a spoon and
tell us what happens you utter fool.

--
Mike P

Mike

I did not say that eating too much salt was not bad for you, i stated
that having too little in your diet is actually more harmful.

I was amused to read those links which show that American salt manufacturers
and retailers are running scared and trying to disparage reports about the
dangers of eating too much salt. We've seen the same before, with sugar.
And cigarettes. American companies are ruthless when they see a chance of a
dip in profits.

In the UK most kids eat salted snacks regularly. That will add to the risk
of stomach cancer. Foods such as bread and cereals contain some salt, but
because the public is accustomed to a high salt intake the salt content in
bread and cereals is higher than it ought to be.