Old 12-03-2012, 07:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default A fox is back!

I thought I had deterred them. Anyway, it came into my garden at dawn
this morning and had a good look and sniff around but stayed well
clear of my pond with its electric fence. So maybe the foxes have got
the message at last, "Leave my pond alone"!

Doug.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Doug" wrote in message
I thought I had deterred them. Anyway, it came into my garden at dawn
this morning and had a good look and sniff around but stayed well
clear of my pond with its electric fence. So maybe the foxes have got
the message at last, "Leave my pond alone"!

Doug.

Is that good? I am a poultry keeper and a fox is not good for me.

Old 13-03-2012, 08:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mar 12, 7:44*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
"Doug" wrote in message

I thought I had deterred them. Anyway, it came into my garden at dawn
this morning and had a good look and sniff around but stayed well
clear of my pond with its electric fence. So maybe the foxes have got
the message at last, "Leave my pond alone"!

Doug.

Is that good? *I am a poultry keeper and a fox is not good for me.

No its not good. I don't want foxes, dogs or cats in my garden because
they damage and destroy things and leave their droppings. That is why
I have CCTV which allows me to develop a strategy for deterring them,
mainly by blocking their usual routes or by alarming them in some way.

Doug.
Old 14-03-2012, 07:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:
"Doug" wrote in message

I thought I had deterred them. Anyway, it came into my garden at dawn
this morning and had a good look and sniff around but stayed well
clear of my pond with its electric fence. So maybe the foxes have got
the message at last, "Leave my pond alone"!

Doug.

Is that good? I am a poultry keeper and a fox is not good for me.

No its not good. I don't want foxes, dogs or cats in my garden because
they damage and destroy things and leave their droppings. That is why
I have CCTV which allows me to develop a strategy for deterring them,
mainly by blocking their usual routes or by alarming them in some way.

______
I have a no fox policy here since they came in the day and killed almost all
my chickens once apart from the ones that managed to hide.
They get trapped in a catch alive trap overnight in my chicken run and then
get a bullet in the ear.

Old 14-03-2012, 09:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mar 12, 7:47*am, Doug wrote:
I thought I had deterred them. Anyway, it came into my garden at dawn
this morning and had a good look and sniff around but stayed well
clear of my pond with its electric fence. So maybe the foxes have got
the message at last, "Leave my pond alone"!

Doug.

Wonderful story in the local rag today. A chap was walking home from
the supermarket when a large fox mugged him for a bread roll. He
expected it to run off as he approached, but it blocked his way in a
narrow passageway and when he threatened to hit it with said roll it
grabbed it and decamped.

Chris

Old 14-03-2012, 11:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message
On Mar 12, 7:47 am, Doug wrote:
I thought I had deterred them. Anyway, it came into my garden at dawn
this morning and had a good look and sniff around but stayed well
clear of my pond with its electric fence. So maybe the foxes have got
the message at last, "Leave my pond alone"!

Doug.

Wonderful story in the local rag today. A chap was walking home from
the supermarket when a large fox mugged him for a bread roll. He
expected it to run off as he approached, but it blocked his way in a
narrow passageway and when he threatened to hit it with said roll it
grabbed it and decamped.

Because it has been fed by humans before. I blame Bill Oddie. Foxes should
be afraid of humans and sneak around during the night when our hens are shut
inside instead of getting brave in the day.

Old 15-03-2012, 08:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mar 14, 11:31*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
wrote in message

On Mar 12, 7:47 am, Doug wrote:

I thought I had deterred them. Anyway, it came into my garden at dawn
this morning and had a good look and sniff around but stayed well
clear of my pond with its electric fence. So maybe the foxes have got
the message at last, "Leave my pond alone"!

Doug.

Wonderful story in the local rag today. A chap was walking home from
the supermarket when a large fox mugged him for a bread roll. He
expected it to run off as he approached, but it blocked his way in a
narrow passageway and when he threatened to hit it with said roll it
grabbed it and decamped.

Because it has been fed by humans before. *I blame Bill Oddie. *Foxes should
be afraid of humans and sneak around during the night when our hens are shut
inside instead of getting brave in the day.

It would be better if they were not slaughtered by rural dwellers and
therefore had less of an incentive to enter cities.

Also...

"Mother of twins attacked by fox describes 'living nightmare'

Nine-month-old Lola and Isabella Koupparis suffered arm injuries when
animal got into bedroom of east London home...

Mo
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/ju...x-attack-twins

Doug.
Old 16-03-2012, 07:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:
wrote in message

On Mar 12, 7:47 am, Doug wrote:

[...]

It's not because rural dwellers destroyed them that they entered cities.
The foxes did this of their own accord as opportunists and the link you sent
is what can happen. What *can* happen, I stress this, but it's best not to
feed them because it makes them brave around humans and they shouldn't be
and this can be the result.

Does it realy fox the fox? John Towill United Kingdom 292 14-02-2004 09:34 AM
It's a Fox...not a coon... BenignVanilla Ponds 3 07-08-2003 01:32 PM
Is my Flying fox an SAE Scott Rogahn Freshwater Aquaria Plants 12 19-06-2003 10:32 AM
Fox toilet Judy Rigby United Kingdom 16 22-05-2003 07:08 PM
Urban fox hedgehog United Kingdom 5 18-03-2003 05:20 PM