Old 10-04-2012, 03:17 PM
Registered User

Default Artificial Grass

Have you ever thought of using artificial grass ?
Not just sports surfaces but replacing your greensward in the back or in the front garden. We offer grasses and safety matting for play areas that offer shock absorption if children are using the area.
The grasses are of a high quality, pet friendly, supplied with a UV Warranty for use in Northern Europe. 2m and 4m widths are available for delivery anywhere in the UK. Installation can be arranged if you wish.
Phone 01730 812390 or if you just want advice or guidance go to our web site : Ground Stabilisation - soakaway boxes -Erosion Mats - Artificial Grass - Joosten Home Page.
We are here to help, offer advice and guide you through the project. Let us help. Regards Graham
Old 10-04-2012, 04:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 10/04/2012 16:17, Graham Bell wrote:
Have you ever thought of using artificial grass ?

Hmmmm. I could get some plastic hens to roam on it too and lay some
plastic eggs - maybe they are nice to eat with spam? Maybe have a flower
border with plastic flowers and some garden gnomes fishing for plastic
fish in a plastic pond.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2012-04-10 16:26:53 +0100, David in Normandy
said:

On 10/04/2012 16:17, Graham Bell wrote:
Have you ever thought of using artificial grass ?

Hmmmm. I could get some plastic hens to roam on it too and lay some
plastic eggs - maybe they are nice to eat with spam? Maybe have a
flower border with plastic flowers and some garden gnomes fishing for
plastic fish in a plastic pond.

Shudder!

It would be a low maintenance "garden"! ;-)

Old 10-04-2012, 05:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Graham Bell" wrote

Grass - Joosten Home Page' (http://www.joostenbl.co.uk).
We are here to help, offer advice and guide you through the project. Let
us help.

Would that be like the stuff they have used at RHS Wisley near the Bose-Lyon
Rose Garden or whatever it's called.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 10-04-2012, 06:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2012-04-10 16:33:57 +0100, David in Normandy

On 2012-04-10 16:26:53 +0100, David in Normandy
said:

On 10/04/2012 16:17, Graham Bell wrote:
Have you ever thought of using artificial grass ?

Hmmmm. I could get some plastic hens to roam on it too and lay some
plastic eggs - maybe they are nice to eat with spam? Maybe have a
flower border with plastic flowers and some garden gnomes
fishing for
plastic fish in a plastic pond.

Shudder!

It would be a low maintenance "garden"! ;-)

Add some plastic flowers (and some people do) and it would be even
less
than low maintenance!

At least I wouldn't have to empty the grass box on the mower so often
when cutting it!

Not far from here there used to be an old chap who always had the most
beautiful front courtyard garden you could imagine - when viewed from
a distance - driving past. Even walking past you had to look
carefully.

He had a very large shed full of "seasonal" fake flowers and always
had daffs in March and so on. He said his secret was to buy "quality"
plants and he'd spent close on a thousand pounds on them over time.
Maintenance was a careful wash and brush up as the seasons changed.

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling from the sunny and refreshingly green
east end of Swansea Bay.

I suppose something like that almost becomes an attraction in its own
right! But it does fill me with the horrors!

Ray would just need to diversify if the idea takes off :~o

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling from the sunny and refreshingly green
east end of Swansea Bay.

I'm not even going to mention that one. I can imagine the reaction now!

Would people buy the new range using plastic? ;-)

Old 10-04-2012, 07:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On Apr 10, 3:17*pm, Graham Bell Graham.Bell.
wrote:
Have you ever thought of using artificial grass ?
Not just sports surfaces but replacing your greensward in the back or in
the front garden. We offer grasses and safety matting for play areas
that offer shock absorption if children are using the area.
The grasses are of a high quality, pet friendly, supplied with a UV
Warranty for use in Northern Europe. 2m and 4m widths are available for
delivery anywhere in the UK. Installation can be arranged if you wish.
Phone 01730 812390 or if you just want advice or guidance go to our web
site : 'Ground Stabilisation - soakaway boxes -Erosion Mats - Artificial
Grass - Joosten Home Page' (http://www.joostenbl.co.uk).
We are here to help, offer advice and guide you through the project. Let
us help. Regards *Graham

--
Graham Bell

So now we are getting Garden Banter adverts as well as doing their
work.
It'd certainly time they started sharing their profits with us here at
uk rec. gardening
Old 11-04-2012, 01:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default what to do about spam from Gardenbanter

On 2012-04-10 19:59:57 +0100, Dave Hill
said:

So now we are getting Garden Banter adverts as well as doing their
work.
It'd certainly time they started sharing their profits with us here at
uk rec. gardening

It's not a gardenbanter advert, it's a post containing an advert just like
the many sent direct to urg from newsreaders, in contravention of the urg
charter on advertising.

Those who object would do better not to repeat the material thereby
giving the sender further coverage; just send a copy of the original with
its full headers so they can trace the account, with complaint to

Janet
Old 11-04-2012, 07:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2012-04-10 19:59:57 +0100, Dave Hill
said:

So now we are getting Garden Banter adverts as well as doing their
work.
It'd certainly time they started sharing their profits with us here at
uk rec. gardening

It's not a gardenbanter advert, it's a post containing an advert just like
the many sent direct to urg from newsreaders, in contravention of the urg
charter on advertising.

Those who object would do better not to repeat the material thereby
giving the sender further coverage; just send a copy of the original with
its full headers so they can trace the account, with complaint to

Janet

But Janet, what about the advertising which goes the other way from urg to
gardenbanter? Is that not wrong too?

What's good for one is good for the other isn't it?

Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Kindest regards

Old 11-04-2012, 12:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2012-04-10 19:59:57 +0100, Dave Hill
said:

So now we are getting Garden Banter adverts as well as doing their
work.
It'd certainly time they started sharing their profits with us here at
uk rec. gardening

It's not a gardenbanter advert, it's a post containing an advert just like
the many sent direct to urg from newsreaders, in contravention of the urg
charter on advertising.

Those who object would do better not to repeat the material thereby
giving the sender further coverage; just send a copy of the original with
its full headers so they can trace the account, with complaint to

These spam messages are sent to lots of newsgroups and well as direct
to the 'Banter' sites that steal newsgroup content. Most often the
spam originates from Hotmail or Gmail email addresses, so they are the
people to complain to.

If you use a good news provider like NIN then most of the spam is
filtered out and you don't see it. But the spam senders know that a
small proportion of readers who do see the spam think it's clever to
reply to it. They know that when such people repeat the spam it gets
past the filters and spreads much wider. They must be very glad there
are such gullible people about.

Old 11-04-2012, 12:51 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hill View Post

So now we are getting Garden Banter adverts as well as doing their
work.
If it makes you feel better, gb aren't getting paid for the spam either, and have a "report" button to deal with it (though I have no evidence that they do anything if you do report someone)
__________________

Old 11-04-2012, 06:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

wrote:
Have you ever thought of using artificial grass ?

Do you mean this?

Synthetic cannabis is a psychoactive herbal and chemical product that,
when consumed, mimics the effects of cannabis. It is best known by the
brand names K2[1] and Spice,[2] both of which have largely become
genericized trademarks used to refer to any synthetic cannabis
product. (It is also for this reason that synthetic cannabis is often
referred to as spice product, due to the latter.) A type of synthetic
cannabis sold in Australasia is known as Kronic.

Old 12-04-2012, 02:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Sacha
writes
On 2012-04-10 19:59:57 +0100, Dave Hill said:

On Apr 10, 3:17*pm, Graham Bell Graham.Bell.
wrote:
snip

So now we are getting Garden Banter adverts as well as doing their
work.
It'd certainly time they started sharing their profits with us here at
uk rec. gardening

I thought this advert was a damned cheek and a clear indication of
where Garden Banter is heading - take our posts, re-post them to
attract people who'll see the ads and NOW, advertise direct to urg.

Perhaps we should copyright all our posts only to be reproduced on urg
--
hugh
Copyright 2012
Old 12-04-2012, 06:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Sacha
writes
On 2012-04-10 19:59:57 +0100, Dave Hill said:

On Apr 10, 3:17*pm, Graham Bell Graham.Bell.
wrote:
snip
So now we are getting Garden Banter adverts as well as doing their
work.
It'd certainly time they started sharing their profits with us here at
uk rec. gardening

I thought this advert was a damned cheek and a clear indication of
where Garden Banter is heading - take our posts, re-post them to
attract people who'll see the ads and NOW, advertise direct to urg.

Perhaps we should copyright all our posts only to be reproduced on urg

As, no doubt, your post has automatically been added to Garden Banter
you need to initiate proceedings to support your assertion of
copyright :~o

I respectfully (I can be respectful occasionally) suggest people need
to step back a bit. Garden Banter (GB) is not moderated (neither is
URG). The offending advert was merely posted to GB by someone who
probably didn't read the URG charter (probably didn't read the GB help
files and so probably doesn't know what URG is). GB sent it on as it
does everything.

This Group would be pretty quiet were it not for the steady stream of
people asking questions via GB. Few will have heard of "Usenet" let
alone know how to access it. GB provides a way in for its users to get
answers and finances that operation by advertising. If it makes a
profit as a result, so be it. Just like if any URGler makes something
from the charter-compliant ad in their signature, so be it (SHUT UP
MIKE!). I can even remember someone posting through GB to URG and
complaining "to moderators" about the adverts that broke up the
thread!

Now consider Google. That also exists to make a profit. It provides a
number of free services including Google Groups. OK the adverts are
not in your face but by driving up its user count, Google gains
elsewhere (and is probably monitoring your every move to gain from
that too). If people want to restrict their posts to URG on Usenet,
then they presumably also want to stop Google? There are other web
forums which pull URG posts; they're simply less popular/efficient
than GB.

There are URG regulars who come via GB; others use Google Groups (at
least GB feeds posts through on time rather than occasionally going to
sleep for a week or two and then suddenly reactivating "dead"
threads).

So why don't we just accept that those who don't like GB will simply
ignore all threads which originate from GB (if you want to chip in
within URG, merely start a new "parallel" thread titled, say, "URG
ONLY: (title of original thread)"). As GB seems to be very much an ask
question-collect answers and then disappear thing, the original poster
probably won't realise there's a parallel thread (URG regulars
excepted of course).

Those who don't mind can carry on regardless.

Or shall we get serious. Would need to be "unanimous" but we could all
agree to ignore all posts from GB (other than from URG regulars of
course) for a period of time, say a month, and see what happens. Only
downside is that advice would flow, unchallenged, freely from down
south along the lines of spread copious amounts of lime around your
rhododendrons and azaleas

Cheers, Jake
Old 12-04-2012, 06:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 12/04/2012 19:10, Jake wrote:
... spread copious amounts of lime around your
rhododendrons and azaleas

Thanks for the advice, my rhododendrons were looking a bit miserable so
I've just tipped half a bag of left over building lime around them. ;-)