Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-05-2012, 09:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default National Botanic Garden of Wales offer

Crack the Garden code

The new National Botanic Garden of Wales visitor leaflet is packed with
more than just vital statistics and pretty pictures. The 2012 Garden
leaflet has an inbuilt discounted entry offer – locked in the QR code on
the cover.

Anyone with a smart phone and a QR-code-reading ‘app’ will be able to
unlock a ‘buy one, get one half price’ admission offer to the Garden.

Head of marketing, David Hardy said: “We produce around a quarter of a
million leaflets every year but this year they have a special value to
would-be visitors. The technology means we can get an offer out to a
huge audience but it will also enable us to better track the take-up of
the Garden’s leaflet and give us invaluable data about our visitors.”

Visitors who scan the leaflet code will receive a message on their phone
letting them know how to claim their discounted entry.

Said Mr Hardy: “It really is quite simple. And we’ll be looking forward
to the reaction of visitors and their feedback about the idea.”

The Garden’s visitor leaflets are available all over Wales, in places
such as Tourist Information Centres, motorway service stations, hotels,
holiday parks, pubs, restaurants, garages and guesthouses.

The Garden is open from 10am-6pm. For more information, go to
www.gardenofwales.org.uk or email or call
01558 667130.