Old 05-08-2012, 01:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default White willow herb

I seem to remember someone doubting my saying I had White Willow Herb
well here it is
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...llowherb01.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...llowherb02.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...llowherb03.jpg

The last is with a hoverfly, they were busy this morning despite the weather

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...hoverfly01.jpg

David @ the wet end of Swansea Bay

Old 05-08-2012, 04:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Sacha
writes
Absolutely lovely!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Spare seed?

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 05-08-2012, 04:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 05/08/2012 16:36, Janet Tweedy wrote:
In article , Sacha
writes
Absolutely lovely!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon
http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Spare seed?

I don't think it seeds.
I got a few stems from a smallish clump in the middle of a large clump
of the normal one, and in 4 years it has just spread slowly.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 05/08/2012 13:29, David Hill wrote:
I seem to remember someone doubting my saying I had White Willow Herb
well here it is
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...llowherb01.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...llowherb02.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...llowherb03.jpg

The last is with a hoverfly, they were busy this morning despite the
weather

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...hoverfly01.jpg

David @ the wet end of Swansea Bay

They're very pretty, David. Are they as invasive as the pink form?

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London
Old 05-08-2012, 05:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 05/08/2012 17:25, Spider wrote:
On 05/08/2012 13:29, David Hill wrote:
I seem to remember someone doubting my saying I had White Willow Herb
well here it is
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...llowherb01.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...llowherb02.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...llowherb03.jpg

The last is with a hoverfly, they were busy this morning despite the
weather

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...hoverfly01.jpg

David @ the wet end of Swansea Bay

They're very pretty, David. Are they as invasive as the pink form?

As I said in the post above your's they don't seem to be.

Old 05-08-2012, 05:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 05 Aug 2012 13:29:39 +0100, David Hill
wrote:

I seem to remember someone doubting my saying I had White Willow Herb
well here it is
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...llowherb01.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...llowherb02.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...llowherb03.jpg

The last is with a hoverfly, they were busy this morning despite the weather

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...hoverfly01.jpg

David @ the wet end of Swansea Bay

Lovely pictures David.
I had one on a previous allotment and it spread a lot.
If yours soreads in the next few years perhaps you'll have some to
sell. I have quite a few dahlia plants from the seed you sent and
have given away an equal number, but no flowers yet.

Pam in Bristol
Old 05-08-2012, 05:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: Torquay S. Devon

David Hill wrote:

I seem to remember someone doubting my saying I had White Willow Herb
well here it is

Despite the frightening vigour of the pure species, I could never
produce quite enough of this. 3L pots, each with one or two flowering
stems would fly out of the nursery as soon as they were put out for
sale. It's a very lovely thing that doesn't seed itself about and is
well behaved for the most part. Occasionally it will run on very
sandy soils, but it rarely overpowers other plants and is easily
controlled.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 05/08/2012 17:44, David Hill wrote:
On 05/08/2012 17:25, Spider wrote:
On 05/08/2012 13:29, David Hill wrote:
I seem to remember someone doubting my saying I had White Willow Herb
well here it is
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...llowherb01.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...llowherb02.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...llowherb03.jpg

The last is with a hoverfly, they were busy this morning despite the
weather

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...hoverfly01.jpg

David @ the wet end of Swansea Bay

They're very pretty, David. Are they as invasive as the pink form?

As I said in the post above your's they don't seem to be.

Thanks, David. I've seen that and your post now, so well confirmed.
Since you seem to have created a market within urg, I thought everyone
would be interested in the link below:

http://www.crocus.co.uk/plants/_/per...id.2000014511/

I shall certainly try and purchase some. Thanks for the tip-off!

Old 05-08-2012, 10:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 05/08/2012 22:31, Spider wrote:
[...]

I wasn't trying to create a market, just showing someone out there that
white willow herb DOES exist.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 05 Aug 2012 22:31:24 +0100, Spider wrote:

[...]

I bought mine several years ago from Derry Watkins at Special Plants
near Bath. She warned me "It spreads".

Pam in Bristol

Old 06-08-2012, 12:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 06/08/2012 07:49, Pam Moore wrote:
On Sun, 05 Aug 2012 22:31:24 +0100, wrote:

[...]

Yes, having had a good browse on the web, I find there is a sterile
version as well as a more potent version. Worth noting if you've got
limited space or simply wish to limit the spread of this beauty.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David Hill" wrote in message
I seem to remember someone doubting my saying I had White Willow Herb
well here it is
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...llowherb01.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...llowherb02.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...llowherb03.jpg

The last is with a hoverfly, they were busy this morning despite the
weather

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...hoverfly01.jpg

David @ the wet end of Swansea Bay

Great close-ups David. well done