Old 24-08-2012, 05:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default hello from Glasgow

On 19/08/2012 22:28, allang0831 wrote:
hello everyone im Allan , I live in Glasgow , Im 32 and have just moved
into our first house with a garden . We are complete novices to
gardening but want to basicaly re do the complete area we have , so
decided to join a forum for ideas and maybe a bit of help from
experienced heads so to speak . Looking forward to the banter .

I was always told that when you move into a house that is new to you but
has an established garden, that you should spend the first year thinking
and observing the garden.
That way you get to know what treasures or otherwise are in the garden.
Then the 2nd year you reshape and replant as required.
David @ a damp but not wet end of Swansea Bay

Old 30-08-2012, 12:11 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by allang0831 View Post
hello everyone im Allan , I live in Glasgow , Im 32 and have just moved into our first house with a garden . We are complete novices to gardening but want to basicaly re do the complete area we have , so decided to join a forum for ideas and maybe a bit of help from experienced heads so to speak . Looking forward to the banter .
Hi Alan,

17 replies and only 3 were relevant to the question you asked!!! You could try Allotments.Co.UK, a much more friendly and helpful site for beginners like yourself.

Most of these people appear to have agenda's of their own to air, and seem totally disinterested in helping you!!!

The mind is like a parachute its totally useless unless open

uriel13
Old 30-08-2012, 05:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"uriel13" wrote ...

Hi Alan,

17 replies and only 3 were relevant to the question you asked!!! You
could try Allotments.Co.UK, a much more friendly and helpful site for
beginners like yourself.

Most of these people appear to have agenda's of their own to air, and
seem totally disinterested in helping you!!!

The mind is like a parachute its totally useless unless open

I think he was asking a question about gardening and that site does not seem
to much about gardening on it. Seems more about starting a business.
Anyway, we are a Newsgroup not a site. Look it up on Wiki.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 30-08-2012, 08:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thursday, August 23, 2012 6:35:04 PM UTC+1, Baz wrote:
Moonraker wrote in :

Why? I thought everyone here were helping all gardeners. Why not point

him to this news group if you believe that is best?

Because all replies go to gardenbanter and they use our replies to earn

money from advertising on their website. They do not ask any of us if it is

ok to do so, they use our names, ISP and email (if you are daft enough to

give a real email).

IMO gardenbanter is a parasite. NO, gardenbanter IS a parasite. Not its

members though, they know no better.

Baz

Would agree 100%.........there is an awful lot of this going on now! Those responsible are earning good money from others knowledge/experience, and I guess are most certainly parasites.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Bob Hobden wrote:
17 replies and only 3 were relevant to the question you asked!!! You
could try Allotments.Co.UK, a much more friendly and helpful site for
beginners like yourself.

Most of these people appear to have agenda's of their own to air, and
seem totally disinterested in helping you!!!

The mind is like a parachute its totally useless unless open

I think he was asking a question about gardening and that site does not seem
to much about gardening on it. Seems more about starting a business.

I don't think he asked a question at all, just introduced himself. I'd
guess that the link was posted by someone with a bit of an interest in
the site, if I was cynical.

Old 01-09-2012, 02:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"uriel13" wrote
17 replies and only 3 were relevant to the question you asked!!! You
could try Allotments.Co.UK, a much more friendly and helpful site for
beginners like yourself.

a) How hypocritical. You told him his intro 'requires' he do this, that
and the other and go away and do his homework!

b) Newsgroup threads can and do branch, and might wander off the
original subject and take various winding paths, just like
conversations. It's the nature of the Usenet beast. Good thing too; it
makes it all much more interesting. Digressions irritate you? Then don't
persist in reading those bits - mark as read, use delete key or
something - easy peasy. If only you could delete some rl weeds that
simply.

b) There was no question actually asked. You are talking nonsense
anyway - people are often helped out in this group.

--
Sue

Old 02-09-2012, 01:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sue" wrote in message
o.uk...

b) There was no question actually asked. You are talking nonsense
anyway - people are often helped out in this group.

I can certainly testify to that! I have been treated very kindly here and
been given helpful and useful information when I asked for it!

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Old 04-09-2012, 11:27 PM
Registered User

Sue,

A) Hypocritical, I think not, the lad was looking for help!! It may be when, in one of your more lucid moments you read what I said you will see that I was endeavouring to find out how I could be of assistance to him!!!!

B)I Can't for the life of me see how the conversation which ensued, had any relevance to the subject matter!!!

C) Oh, and by the way C comes after B!!! Could that be stupid is as stupid does.

And a final thought If no question was asked why did Bob Hobden and yourself answer like myself as If a question had been asked!!!!

I rest my case!!!!!!