Old 08-11-2012, 11:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default First catch your rabbit

"Martin" wrote in message
On Thu, 8 Nov 2012 18:54:02 -0000, "Bill Grey"
wrote:

Sorry couldn't see how to snip this without losing the full effect.

Nobody appointed you as a moderator, so no need to hang your head in
shame.
--

Martin

Does one have to be appointed to the position of moderator before
attempting to act in a reasonable manner?

As David said earlier, the quoting of complete postings is usually
un-necessary and frequently annoying.

Bill

Old 09-11-2012, 09:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Ophelia" wrote in
:

"Baz" wrote in message
"Ophelia" wrote in
:

That recipe sounds like We have got to try it.

Nice one)

The last rabbits I cooked, I browned the meat fast and added chicken
stock and seasoning. Poached gently until tender.
Remove meat, add double cream and garlic to stock and boil to
reduce.

When reduced (to give a nice thick sauce) add meat to heat through.
Serve with new potatoes and tiny peas!

Oh. erm chicken stock?
That sounds to me like you don't like rabbit. LOL chicken stock. I
have heard it all now. A cube?...

cheeky) No I always have real chicken stock on hand ... made by
me!!!

I don't get enough rabbit to keep rabbit stock on hand so I use
chicken as next best thing Actually I often cook pork slices/chops
the same way.

I just don't get the stock thing. Why does a dish need stock?
I think cooking very slowly(with any meat) does fine.
I use stock in soups only, not that i'm much of a chef.
Cooking slowly with a slow cooker is what we do in winter in our house
and a bit of shin beef(if you can get it) is THE very tastiest and very
cheap to buy. Thats why my OH uses it for curries, so tender. She has
Syrian blood, so my children have, and they all loved it too when they
were growing up. My grandchildren are, erm,undecided.

Baz

Old 09-11-2012, 10:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Baz" wrote in message

I just don't get the stock thing. Why does a dish need stock?

I like it because it gives extra flavour and nourishment ... to me anyway

I think cooking very slowly(with any meat) does fine.
I use stock in soups only, not that i'm much of a chef.
Cooking slowly with a slow cooker is what we do in winter in our house
and a bit of shin beef(if you can get it) is THE very tastiest and very
cheap to buy.

I do pretty much the same, but I use stock, red wine, garlic and tomato
(sometimes paste sometimes chopped tinned) depending on how I feel on the
day I cooked some just yesterday! Today I will decide what to do with
it. I might make a beef and onion pie or I might add veggies and a suet
crust (one of D's favourites), or even suet dumplings. We don't like curry
or spicy food but I know it is good for that too.

Thats why my OH uses it for curries, so tender. She has
Syrian blood, so my children have, and they all loved it too when they
were growing up.

Ahh what you enjoy when growing up is often a favourite and it sounds like
she makes a jolly good curry

My grandchildren are, erm,undecided.

)

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Old 12-11-2012, 11:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Sorry couldn't see how to snip this without losing the full effect.

Nobody appointed you as a moderator, so no need to hang your head in
shame.
--

Martin

Does one have to be appointed to the position of moderator before
attempting to act in a reasonable manner?

As David said earlier, the quoting of complete postings is usually
un-necessary and frequently annoying.

Bill

Luckily none of us will die from it. Unless we are still on dial up and
then it will cost us megabucks.
Otherwise, why does it matter?

Old 13-11-2012, 03:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

wrote:

Sorry couldn't see how to snip this without losing the full effect.

Nobody appointed you as a moderator, so no need to hang your head in
shame.
--

Martin

Does one have to be appointed to the position of moderator before
attempting to act in a reasonable manner?

As David said earlier, the quoting of complete postings is usually
un-necessary and frequently annoying.

Bill

Luckily none of us will die from it. Unless we are still on dial up and
then it will cost us megabucks.
Otherwise, why does it matter?

As a person of obvious intergity - do you really need a reason?

Bill

Old 14-11-2012, 07:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Sorry couldn't see how to snip this without losing the full effect.

Nobody appointed you as a moderator, so no need to hang your head in
shame.
--

Martin

Does one have to be appointed to the position of moderator before
attempting to act in a reasonable manner?

As David said earlier, the quoting of complete postings is usually
un-necessary and frequently annoying.

Bill

Luckily none of us will die from it. Unless we are still on dial up and
then it will cost us megabucks.
Otherwise, why does it matter?

As a person of obvious intergity - do you really need a reason?

Bill

It can be useful to snip posts but if we are all on broadband it's not going
to matter too much.
When I was on dial up, yes, it really mattered. It cost me 5p a minute
then.
I dialled up and then read offline.

Better Rabbit trap for those with rabbit problems Archimedes Plutonium Plant Science 7 20-02-2004 10:02 PM
Best way to catch Koi Pickmaster Ponds 6 31-07-2003 12:22 AM
advice needed for spring cleaning/catch those leeches Mike Sullivan Ponds 0 19-04-2003 04:32 PM
OT - how do you catch geckos? Tony Sanders Ponds 10 27-03-2003 12:44 AM