Old 05-05-2003, 11:32 AM
pelmar

Default Homemade/organic liquid tomato feed

Does anyone have a recipe for homemade liquid feed/ fertilizer for tomatoes?

I live in Denmark where gardening products are expensive and am growing
my own tomatoes for the first time this year and most books tell me that
they need a liquid feed every 2 weeks. Someone suggested compost tea?
Any other ideas?

Old 05-05-2003, 11:32 AM
Stephen Howard

On Mon, 05 May 2003 12:23:26 +0200, pelmar
wrote:

Does anyone have a recipe for homemade liquid feed/ fertilizer for tomatoes?

I live in Denmark where gardening products are expensive and am growing
my own tomatoes for the first time this year and most books tell me that
they need a liquid feed every 2 weeks. Someone suggested compost tea?
Any other ideas?

See an earlier thread, entitled "Nettle manure"

( see the follow-ups about the niff tho' )

Regards,

www.shwoodwind.co.uk
Old 06-05-2003, 02:23 AM
Alan Gould

In article , pelmar
writes

Go to the urg FAQ at: http://www.nugget.demon.co.uk/MetaFAQ/nettle.html
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.
Old 06-05-2003, 02:23 AM
jon

I remember my father would have us collecting sheep excrement from the
fields he put it in a hessian sack and suspended this in a water butt. If
memory serves well it was very effective but smelly to collect with bare
hands.
Jon

Old 08-05-2003, 06:20 PM
bnd777

Start a worm bin PDQ the liquid generated from that is excellent for
Tomatoes Clematis etc