Old 24-12-2012, 03:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Flu or superbug?

On Mon, 24 Dec 2012 21:20:35 GMT, Baz wrote:

Good grief where have you been hiding? Norovirus is in the news fairly
often, either 'cause it's got into a hospital and they are stopping
vistors and possibly closing wards for cleaning, it gets onto a cruise
ship and affects everybody (passengers and crew). It's unpleasant but
for a normal healthy person not a great threat. Keep your fluids up,
mostly water. Bananas and full fat coke are good once you can keep
stuff down, so you don't get dehydrated and lose to many salts.

Some of us are to busy to watch daytime tv.

???

What has TV got to do with it ???
--
Regards,

Hugh Jampton
Old 24-12-2012, 03:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

One young lad who is working for the same firm I work for is in an induced
coma state because of pneumonia.
It started yesterday morning with a high temperature, followed by D and
vomiting at about lunchtime. His mum did the right thing and called 999
early this morning.
Just about everyone he was in contact with has a high temperature and feel
unwell. As yet no D and V.

Baz
Old 24-12-2012, 03:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Baz" wrote in message
One young lad who is working for the same firm I work for is in an induced
coma state because of pneumonia.
It started yesterday morning with a high temperature, followed by D and
vomiting at about lunchtime. His mum did the right thing and called 999
early this morning.
Just about everyone he was in contact with has a high temperature and feel
unwell. As yet no D and V.

Baz

Go and get yourself a good dose of Whiskey.

Mike

Old 24-12-2012, 04:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 24 Dec 2012 15:33:58 GMT, Baz wrote:

One young lad who is working for the same firm I work for is in an
induced coma state because of pneumonia. It started yesterday morning
with a high temperature, followed by D and vomiting at about lunchtime.
His mum did the right thing and called 999 early this morning. Just
about everyone he was in contact with has a high temperature and feel
unwell. As yet no D and V.

Sounds more like the norovirus (aka winter vomiting disease) nasty with
added pneumonia. Norovirus is highly contagious and will very quickly
pass from person to person.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Old 24-12-2012, 04:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 24/12/2012 15:50, 'Mike' wrote:

"Baz" wrote in message
One young lad who is working for the same firm I work for is in an
induced
coma state because of pneumonia.
It started yesterday morning with a high temperature, followed by D and
vomiting at about lunchtime. His mum did the right thing and called 999
early this morning.
Just about everyone he was in contact with has a high temperature and
feel
unwell. As yet no D and V.

Baz

Go and get yourself a good dose of Whiskey.

Mike

Having just had to rod my drains(no plumbers available today) I got
covered in all sorts of toxic crap so taken to the Whiskey, it will
either cure me or I will die happy!

Old 24-12-2012, 04:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Mon, 24 Dec 2012 15:33:58 GMT, Baz wrote:

One young lad who is working for the same firm I work for is in an
induced coma state because of pneumonia. It started yesterday morning
with a high temperature, followed by D and vomiting at about lunchtime.
His mum did the right thing and called 999 early this morning. Just
about everyone he was in contact with has a high temperature and feel
unwell. As yet no D and V.

Sounds more like the norovirus (aka winter vomiting disease) nasty with
added pneumonia. Norovirus is highly contagious and will very quickly
pass from person to person.

--
Cheers
Dave.

That norovirus goes though like mad and even though it is airborne mainly,
precautions on surfaces cannot be too light. I was in the Theatre this
morning and every 'hand hold' is wiped down after each performance,
handrails, door handles and push plates, anything they can think of.

Mike

Old 24-12-2012, 04:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in
ll.co.uk:

Sounds more like the norovirus (aka winter vomiting disease) nasty with
added pneumonia. Norovirus is highly contagious and will very quickly
pass from person to person.

Never heard of that, Dave.
We and the grandkids have had a bit of temps and loose, but not as violent
as some have had.

Baz

Old 24-12-2012, 05:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 24 Dec 2012 15:33:58 GMT, Baz wrote:

One young lad who is working for the same firm I work for is in an induced
coma state because of pneumonia.
It started yesterday morning with a high temperature, followed by D and
vomiting at about lunchtime. His mum did the right thing and called 999
early this morning.
Just about everyone he was in contact with has a high temperature and feel
unwell. As yet no D and V.

Baz

Norovirus? Some people get it with very serious symptoms. Others, like
me, just get a sniffle and feel a bit sick.

Steve

Old 24-12-2012, 05:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

[...]

I was on a cruise a few years back for the Christmas and New Year cruise on
Cunard's Queen Victoria. Norovirus struck and Cunard tried to keep it quiet,
just putting out more hand gell dispensers, but it had to come out in the
end. We were lucky, I had the whole family on board for our Golden Wedding.
It would have messed everything up if we had copped it.

Mike

Old 24-12-2012, 05:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 24 Dec 2012 22:20:14 -0000, Bill Grey wrote:

What has TV got to do with it ???

That's the place where most people have heard o f Norovirus, haven't you?

No. I don't watch TV.

I listen to the news on BBC Radio 4.

TV has News ? You amaze me !!
--
Regards,

Hugh Jampton
Old 24-12-2012, 05:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

I was on a cruise a few years back for the Christmas and New Year cruise
on Cunard's Queen Victoria. Norovirus struck and Cunard tried to keep it
quiet, just putting out more hand gell dispensers, but it had to come
out in the end. We were lucky, I had the whole family on board for our
Golden Wedding. It would have messed everything up if we had copped it.

Mike

I didn't know Cunard did cruises, thank you so much foe enlightening us.
Old 24-12-2012, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Baz" wrote in message
One young lad who is working for the same firm I work for is in an induced
coma state because of pneumonia.
It started yesterday morning with a high temperature, followed by D and
vomiting at about lunchtime. His mum did the right thing and called 999
early this morning.
Just about everyone he was in contact with has a high temperature and feel
unwell. As yet no D and V.

Here's hoping it gets no worse!

--
Kathy

Old 24-12-2012, 06:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 24/12/2012 15:33, Baz wrote:
One young lad who is working for the same firm I work for is in an induced
coma state because of pneumonia.
It started yesterday morning with a high temperature, followed by D and
vomiting at about lunchtime. His mum did the right thing and called 999
early this morning.
Just about everyone he was in contact with has a high temperature and feel
unwell. As yet no D and V.

Baz

Do take care, Baz. Hope you don't get it.
It must be a worrying time for the lad's parents. Do report back in the
new year.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London