Old 24-12-2012, 10:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Flu or superbug?

On Mon, 24 Dec 2012 15:30:49 +0000, Hugh Jampton wrote:

Good grief where have you been hiding? Norovirus is in the news
fairly often, ...

Some of us are to busy to watch daytime tv.

???

What has TV got to do with it ???

Quite, I watch very little telly and norovirus would be far to
"scientific" for the daytime TV audience. News I get mainly from the BBC
website and occasionally the sites of the local rags.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Old 24-12-2012, 10:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Hugh Jampton wrote in news:1maea8vte4h9p$.11kfk5as709xw
:

On Mon, 24 Dec 2012 21:20:35 GMT, Baz wrote:

Good grief where have you been hiding? Norovirus is in the news fairly
often, either 'cause it's got into a hospital and they are stopping
vistors and possibly closing wards for cleaning, it gets onto a cruise
ship and affects everybody (passengers and crew). It's unpleasant but
for a normal healthy person not a great threat. Keep your fluids up,
mostly water. Bananas and full fat coke are good once you can keep
stuff down, so you don't get dehydrated and lose to many salts.

Some of us are to busy to watch daytime tv.

???

What has TV got to do with it ???

erm, can you try to work this one out yourself???

Baz
Old 24-12-2012, 10:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Hugh Jampton" wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 24 Dec 2012 21:20:35 GMT, Baz wrote:

Good grief where have you been hiding? Norovirus is in the news fairly
often, either 'cause it's got into a hospital and they are stopping
vistors and possibly closing wards for cleaning, it gets onto a cruise
ship and affects everybody (passengers and crew). It's unpleasant but
for a normal healthy person not a great threat. Keep your fluids up,
mostly water. Bananas and full fat coke are good once you can keep
stuff down, so you don't get dehydrated and lose to many salts.

Some of us are to busy to watch daytime tv.

???

What has TV got to do with it ???
--
Regards,

Hugh Jampton

That's the place where most people have heard o f Norovirus, haven't you?

Bill

Old 24-12-2012, 10:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Spider" wrote in message
On 24/12/2012 15:33, Baz wrote:
One young lad who is working for the same firm I work for is in an
induced
coma state because of pneumonia.
It started yesterday morning with a high temperature, followed by D and
vomiting at about lunchtime. His mum did the right thing and called 999
early this morning.
Just about everyone he was in contact with has a high temperature and
feel
unwell. As yet no D and V.

Baz

Do take care, Baz. Hope you don't get it.
It must be a worrying time for the lad's parents. Do report back in the
new year.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London

Intersting reply - how is Baz supposed to take care to avoid catching
Norovirus. I'm not being funny in asking this, but what precautions can one
take to be safe other than being fastidiously clean. One can't avoid
breathing in the germs.

Bill

Old 24-12-2012, 10:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in
ll.co.uk:

On Mon, 24 Dec 2012 15:30:49 +0000, Hugh Jampton wrote:

Good grief where have you been hiding? Norovirus is in the news
fairly often, ...

Some of us are to busy to watch daytime tv.

???

What has TV got to do with it ???

Quite, I watch very little telly and norovirus would be far to
"scientific" for the daytime TV audience. News I get mainly from the BBC
website and occasionally the sites of the local rags.

Quite.
Did you mean far to "scientific" or far too "scientific"
I am guessing that English is not your first language. Or is it to or too
or two "scientific" for you?
Get the basics right, and less of the shite.

Baz

Old 24-12-2012, 11:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Baz" wrote in message
"Dave Liquorice" wrote in
Quite, I watch very little telly and norovirus would be far to
"scientific" for the daytime TV audience. News I get mainly from the BBC
website and occasionally the sites of the local rags.

Quite.
Did you mean far to "scientific" or far too "scientific"
I am guessing that English is not your first language. Or is it to or too
or two "scientific" for you?
Get the basics right, and less of the shite.

Baz

Makes your gushing and repetative Christmas Greetings somewhat hollow
when you post vitriolic replies like the one above.

Phil

Old 24-12-2012, 11:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Sacha wrote in
:

Intersting reply - how is Baz supposed to take care to avoid catching
Norovirus. I'm not being funny in asking this, but what precautions
can one take to be safe other than being fastidiously clean. One
can't avoid breathing in the germs.

Bill

Norovirus is highly contagious and is transferred by contact quite
amazingly easily. That's why it's so very important to sterilise
things that are touched by a lot of people. Door handles, loo handles,
computer keyboards, telephones - all sorts of things most of us never
think about. I am one of those that thinks e.g. Cif and hot water
deals with most things but in this case, I would certainly use
disinfectant wipes at work and in my home and carry a gel at all
times, if I know I've been in contact with someone with that virus, or
even in the same workplace.

Thats it in a nutshell. Thanks, Sacha

Baz
Old 24-12-2012, 11:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Phil Gurr" wrote in
:

"Baz" wrote in message
"Dave Liquorice" wrote in
Quite, I watch very little telly and norovirus would be far to
"scientific" for the daytime TV audience. News I get mainly from the
BBC website and occasionally the sites of the local rags.

Quite.
Did you mean far to "scientific" or far too "scientific"
I am guessing that English is not your first language. Or is it to or
too or two "scientific" for you?
Get the basics right, and less of the shite.

Baz

Makes your gushing and repetative Christmas Greetings somewhat hollow
when you post vitriolic replies like the one above.

Phil

Yes, and I like your imagination.
Best wishes

Baz
Old 25-12-2012, 08:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 24/12/2012 23:36, Baz wrote:
"Phil Gurr" wrote in
:

"Baz" wrote in message
"Dave Liquorice" wrote in
Quite, I watch very little telly and norovirus would be far to
"scientific" for the daytime TV audience. News I get mainly from the
BBC website and occasionally the sites of the local rags.

Quite.
Did you mean far to "scientific" or far too "scientific"
I am guessing that English is not your first language. Or is it to or
too or two "scientific" for you?
Get the basics right, and less of the shite.

Baz

Makes your gushing and repetative Christmas Greetings somewhat hollow
when you post vitriolic replies like the one above.

Phil

Yes, and I like your imagination.
Best wishes

Baz

In the event of prolonged vomiting, it's "Lo Salt" salt substitute you
need i.e. part sodium, part potassium. It's what the saline drip
contains that they put you on in hospital.
Old 25-12-2012, 08:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Hugh Jampton" wrote in message
On Mon, 24 Dec 2012 22:20:14 -0000, Bill Grey wrote:

What has TV got to do with it ???

That's the place where most people have heard o f Norovirus, haven't you?

No. I don't watch TV.

I listen to the news on BBC Radio 4.

TV has News ? You amaze me !!
--
Regards,

Hugh Jampton

So synical - how sad.

Happy New Year to you.

Bill

Old 25-12-2012, 10:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bill Grey" wrote in message

"Hugh Jampton" wrote in message
On Mon, 24 Dec 2012 22:20:14 -0000, Bill Grey wrote:

What has TV got to do with it ???

That's the place where most people have heard o f Norovirus, haven't
you?

No. I don't watch TV.

I listen to the news on BBC Radio 4.

TV has News ? You amaze me !!
--
Regards,

Hugh Jampton

So synical - how sad.

Happy New Year to you.

Bill

Sorry that should have been cynical

Bill

Old 25-12-2012, 10:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Baz" wrote in message
Sacha wrote in
:

[...]

Ans thanks to Sacha for clarifying what I meant by fastidiously clean.

Bill