Old 28-01-2013, 10:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default allotment wars programme

On 27/01/2013 20:16, Christina Websell wrote:
Not using a hoe and having a few weeds is not an excuse to get the police to
turn him off because he is late with his rent, but he tried to pay it and
no-one would let him.

we only got one side of the story though. He did seem to be using the
camera crew as 'leverage'

--
Janet T.
Amersham
Old 28-01-2013, 03:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 16:59:33 -0000, "Kate Morgan"
wrote:

snip
When i move to my next house i am going to find somewhere near a nice set
of allotments,,,, trouble is how hard is that to find?
--
Janet T.
Amersham

I did not see this prog. but have heard about it. My daughter lives in
Edinburgh and spends lots of time walking her dog on Blackford Hill. She
sent me a photograph that showed the river/sea in the background the city
and castle and in the foreground a quite large gathering of allotments. She
tells me that the people there are a very happy and social bunch, they help
each other out if needed and have many a outdoor party down there, sounds
good to me.

kate,

I saw that programme. I've had my allotment for 22 years until having
to give up this year. I've never encountered anything like that. All
our allotmenteers are friendly people. They only showed the people who
battled with their competitors. What about all the others on that
site? We didn't hear from them. That young man needed someone to take
him in hand and give him some advice, not antagonise him.
Just a bit of hyped up stuff to make a programme about!

Pam in Bristol
Old 07-02-2013, 09:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thursday, January 24, 2013 11:49:07 AM UTC, 'Mike' wrote:
"michael" wrote in message

On Wednesday, 23 January 2013 00:07:19 UTC, Janet wrote:

Good Lord they don't half try hard to make 'exciting' programmes don't

they? I bet most of this was set up or 'encouraged' well the

confronations were. Shame as it could have put off a lot of keen young

and eager or old keen and eager allotment applicants! Nothing about

friends or helpful advice, don't suppose the programme makers wanted

that. bet they had to look a long way for guard dogs, cctv, chnaged locks

and so on ! When i move to my next house i am going to find somewhere

near a nice set of allotments,,,, trouble is how hard is that to find? --

Janet T. Amersham

This was one of the worst programmes on allotment gardening put out by any

TV broadcaster.I have been involved in our local allotment scene for

nearly 50years,and at different times as secretary,chairman,show judge,etc

and I can honestly say that I could not identify any of the characters

with anyone on our or local allotments.I copied the programme also,and was

going to show it to those who missed it;however it was so poor and

negative,it has been deleted.

Michael

South Manchester

Michael a few years back one of the TV channels put on a series reenacting

National Service. You have never seen such rubbish and playing to the

cameras in all your life. One of my illustrated talks is on National Service

and there is always a good rapport and feedback on time spent in National

Service.

Why do those who know nothing about it do such things?

Mike

I'm an Angel, honest ! The horns are there just to keep the halo straight..

The time you spent during national service was not a happy one I understand Mike............One wonders why exactly you would choose to relive a time when apparently you were greatly disliked by other recruits, even to the extent that kitchen staff ****ed in your meals............lol

Old 07-02-2013, 10:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"michael" wrote in message

[...]

Posting and headers noted and recorded.

TV Programme Alert Mel United Kingdom 0 07-12-2005 11:00 AM
BBC Hampton Court programme last week Jon Connell United Kingdom 7 14-07-2005 03:27 PM
Name of garden mentioned in garden makeover programme James Fidell United Kingdom 3 15-04-2004 08:44 PM
Good TV programme Janet Tweedy United Kingdom 3 09-04-2004 10:32 PM
Dandelion digger on a TV programme this morning?? [email protected] United Kingdom 2 11-11-2002 06:04 PM