Old 17-06-2013, 08:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default I D Please

On 2013-06-16 17:19:13 +0100, Lintama said:
snip It's certainly
turning into a mystery for me. I'm a bit nervous of number 4 and what
to do with it. I don't want to destroy it as it might be a very nice
plant that isn't cannabis.

I can't believe that you need to throw any of them away. Even if one
of them did turn out to be Cannabis sativa, you have plenty of evidence
that you've tried to establish its identity properly. And imo, none
of them are that. And no, your first plant isn't morning glory which
is Ipomoea and which we grow here as a perfectly legitimate climber.
I'm starting to think of Thunbergia, perhaps gregorrii. I think you'd
help yourself a lot if you took some of them suggestions given here and
fed them into Google images. You don't comment on Numbers 2 or 5, so
your own opinion on a Google image search may be of use to you. It will
be fascinating to get the ID on all these just out of curiosity.

Then we'll have to hold our breath until they all flower - or something! ;-)
--

Sacha
South Devon

Old 17-06-2013, 09:54 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hobden View Post
Well I'm even more certain of what it is and it certainly isn't cannabis.
Suggest you check out this link....

Cleome hassleriana - YouTube
I see what you mean Bob. But the Cleome leaves have smooth edges, whereas Lintama's leaves have very distinct teeth. Also, the Cleome leaves are alternate. It's not quite clear from Lintama's photo, but it looks as if her leaves are opposite.
Old 17-06-2013, 11:27 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kay View Post
I see what you mean Bob. But the Cleome leaves have smooth edges, whereas Lintama's leaves have very distinct teeth. Also, the Cleome leaves are alternate. It's not quite clear from Lintama's photo, but it looks as if her leaves are opposite.

It's hemp 100% or I'll eat all of the plant if wrong! Not a bad idea perhaps