Old 14-06-2013, 04:17 PM
Registered User

Default I D Please

I have a few plants which I grew from seed a few weeks ago but I don't know what they are. A couple of seeds came from Madeira where I was on holiday. I picked the seeds up in the hotel car park. One of the plants looks like it could be a weed.

Can anybody help identify them please? They are all in three inch pots.
Attached Thumbnails
I D Please-dscf0458.jpg   I D Please-dscf0459.jpg   I D Please-dscf0461.jpg   I D Please-dscf0462.jpg   I D Please-dscf0464.jpg

Old 14-06-2013, 04:43 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lintama View Post
I have a few plants which I grew from seed a few weeks ago but I don't know what they are. A couple of seeds came from Madeira where I was on holiday. I picked the seeds up in the hotel car park. One of the plants looks like it could be a weed.

Can anybody help identify them please? They are all in three inch pots.
No 1 looks superficially like a runner bean but is probably one of the Ipomeas. I'd be worried about no4, but someone with hands-on experience of growing it may be able to confirm. No 5 looks like sheeps sorrel, a UK native
__________________
Old 14-06-2013, 06:22 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kay View Post
No 1 looks superficially like a runner bean but is probably one of the Ipomeas. I'd be worried about no4, but someone with hands-on experience of growing it may be able to confirm. No 5 looks like sheeps sorrel, a UK native
Thank you for that. I think the first one does look like a morning glory type plant. The last one could be sorrel.

Why would I be worried about No. 4 ?????
Old 14-06-2013, 08:40 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lintama View Post
Thank you for that. I think the first one does look like a morning glory type plant. The last one could be sorrel.

Why would I be worried about No. 4 ?????
I sent you a private message
__________________
Old 14-06-2013, 09:10 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kay View Post
I sent you a private message
I haven't received a private message as yet!!!

Old 14-06-2013, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 14/06/2013 16:17, Lintama wrote:
I have a few plants which I grew from seed a few weeks ago but I don't
know what they are. A couple of seeds came from Madeira where I was on
holiday. I picked the seeds up in the hotel car park. One of the
plants looks like it could be a weed.

Can anybody help identify them please? They are all in three inch pots.

|Filename: DSCF0458.jpg

Looks like the blue "Morning Glory" that grows wild in that part of
the world |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15625|
|Filename: DSCF0459.jpg

Looks like Caster oil plant (Ricinus communis)

|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15626|
|Filename: DSCF0461.jpg

Looks familiar but can't put a name to it.
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15627|
|Filename: DSCF0462.jpg

Looks almost like cannabis |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15628|
|Filename: DSCF0464.jpg

Looks like a form of Sorel |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15629|

Old 14-06-2013, 10:59 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Lintama;985142
I haven't received a private message as yet!!!
Marijuana Vegetative Growth Stage - Weed pruning and how to grow cannabis indoors.
__________________
Old 14-06-2013, 11:01 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Looks a pretty good match!

I should dispose of it quick.
__________________
Old 14-06-2013, 11:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

David Hill wrote:
|Filename: DSCF0462.jpg

Looks almost like cannabis |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15628|

It looks likea cross between cannabis and a maple. That'll make interesting
pancakes.

|Filename: DSCF0464.jpg

Looks like a form of Sorel |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15629|

Nice fish shaped leaves!
Old 15-06-2013, 03:38 PM
Registered User

Hilarious comment about the pancakes.

Can't be cannabis though. I just can't remember where the seeds came from. I reckon I will just have to let the plants grown a bit more for better I D.
Thanks for all the replies and especially for the funny comments.

Old 15-06-2013, 03:54 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kay View Post
I sent you a private message
Hi Kay,

Thanks for the message. Tried to reply but you don't receive PMs.
Old 15-06-2013, 08:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 14 Jun 2013 22:08:04 +0000, vicky wrote:

http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15628|

It looks likea cross between cannabis and a maple. That'll make
interesting pancakes.

Hehe... It looks like the leaves are alternate, in which case, not a
maple.

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy
Old 15-06-2013, 10:32 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lintama View Post

Can't be cannabis though. .
Why do you say that?

You said some of the seeds came from a car park in Malta, if I recall. At one time, birdseed contained cannabis but in the UK it was banned. Not sure whether the same happened elsewhere.
__________________
Old 15-06-2013, 10:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Lintama" wrote

I have a few plants which I grew from seed a few weeks ago but I don't
know what they are. A couple of seeds came from Madeira where I was on
holiday. I picked the seeds up in the hotel car park. One of the
plants looks like it could be a weed.

Can anybody help identify them please? They are all in three inch pots.

DSCF 0458 looks like Acetosa sagittata.

DSFC DSCF0461 looks like a variety of tomato

DSCF 0462 looks like Cleome hassleriana.

--
Regards. Bob Hobden.
Old 16-06-2013, 08:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"kay" wrote

Lintama;985188 Wrote:

Can't be cannabis though. .

Why do you say that?

You said some of the seeds came from a car park in Malta, if I recall.
At one time, birdseed contained cannabis but in the UK it was banned.
Not sure whether the same happened elsewhere.

I think it's Cleome hassleriana.

--
Regards. Bob Hobden.