Old 29-07-2013, 09:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Ping Sacha

I've sent a couple of pics of the orchid.
David
Old 29-07-2013, 10:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-07-29 09:47:57 +0100, David Hill said:

I've sent a couple of pics of the orchid.
David

Got them and thanks, David. You're very kind to go to all that trouble
and I'll show them to Ray. And no, that box doesn't look at all familar
but again, I'll check with him.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 02-08-2013, 02:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-07-29 09:47:57 +0100, David Hill said:

I've sent a couple of pics of the orchid.
David

Got them and thanks, David. You're very kind to go to all that trouble
and I'll show them to Ray. And no, that box doesn't look at all familar
but again, I'll check with him.

Not wishing to rude (well, not more than normal) but isn't this a
private email conversation rather than a newsgroup thread?
Old 02-08-2013, 06:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-07-29 09:47:57 +0100, David Hill said:

I've sent a couple of pics of the orchid.
David

Got them and thanks, David. You're very kind to go to all that trouble
and I'll show them to Ray. And no, that box doesn't look at all familar
but again, I'll check with him.

Not wishing to rude (well, not more than normal) but isn't this a
private email conversation rather than a newsgroup thread?

I'm so sorry if you feel left out, but a lot of my emails to Sachs are
getting lost in the ether so it is easier to link through the group.
So you don't miss to much, this is the orchid in question,
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps47ba1f13.jpg
and this is the Box
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psf443308f.jpg

I do hope you don't feel so left out.
David @ a thundery side of Swansea Bay
Old 02-08-2013, 07:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-07-29 09:47:57 +0100, David Hill said:

I've sent a couple of pics of the orchid.
David

Got them and thanks, David. You're very kind to go to all that trouble
and I'll show them to Ray. And no, that box doesn't look at all familar
but again, I'll check with him.

Not wishing to rude (well, not more than normal) but isn't this a
private email conversation rather than a newsgroup thread?

It started that way and would have remained that way, had the original
email David sent me, reached me. He posted here because it didn't and
he wanted to be sure I got the rest. Further conversation on this
matter did go to email. What would you like to write about re your
gardening? It must be riveting stuff as two posts have disrupted your
concentration. Do introduce yourself properly though, as you appear
never to have posted here before. All we know about you so far is that
you're a Virgin.com customer.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 05-08-2013, 11:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-07-29 09:47:57 +0100, David Hill said:

I've sent a couple of pics of the orchid.
David

Got them and thanks, David. You're very kind to go to all that trouble
and I'll show them to Ray. And no, that box doesn't look at all familar
but again, I'll check with him.

Not wishing to rude (well, not more than normal) but isn't this a
private email conversation rather than a newsgroup thread?

I'm so sorry if you feel left out, but a lot of my emails to Sachs are
getting lost in the ether so it is easier to link through the group.
So you don't miss to much, this is the orchid in question,

I do hope you don't feel so left out.

Why should I feel left out? I can get unsolicited messages everyday in
my email reader.

Besides, if you were less defensive - and not as desperate to show off
your cranky sarcasm in response to a perfectly reasonable question - I
think you'd conclude that the gist of my post was that I didn't really
want to see such posts.

Usenet is in effect, a 'many to many' service - not a private messaging
service.

Old 05-08-2013, 12:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-08-02 14:09:13 +0100, News said:

It started that way and would have remained that way, had the original
email David sent me, reached me. He posted here because it didn't and
he wanted to be sure I got the rest. Further conversation on this matter
did go to email. What would you like to write about re your gardening?
It must be riveting stuff as two posts have disrupted your
concentration. Do introduce yourself properly though, as you appear
never to have posted here before. All we know about you so far is that
you're a Virgin.com customer.

1 You must realise that the messages would probably mean nothing to most
people reading them. I think its quite reasonable to point out that
this isn't what usenet is designed for. (Although I realise that is
pretty much a losing battle).

2 I have posted on gardening matters in the past and will again when I
want to ask a question, offer a comment, etc. I've also posted on
matters relating to usenet etiquette in the past and will doubtless do
so again.

3 My name's Andy but of course, I'm probably a dog in real life. I'm
not sure why you feel the need to search the headers of my post, unless
you think I'm a nom de guerre of one of those that seem to joust with
you so frequently. I was asking a perfectly reasonable question; I'm a
real person; I have nothing against you personally.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-07-29 09:47:57 +0100, David Hill said:

[...]

So kill file us both and start contributing some garden talk of your
own. Simples.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 05-08-2013, 04:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-08-02 14:09:13 +0100, News said:

[...]

Interesting that you pick on my ping to Sacha, but totally ignore the
postings about Shanklin theatre, army band displays, reunions and many
more that come from the Isle of Wight.
Or of streams of totally off topic puns that occur from time to time.
Could it be that your ire is more person specific than topic related?

Isn't it time for your mug of Coco and a lie down in a darkened room

Old 05-08-2013, 05:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Talking about Shanklin Theatre David, most of the staff are volunteers and
are trained in various aspects of Theatre management and running said
Theatre. We had a wonderful example of their skill and dedication last night
as reported in out local paper

http://www.iwcp.co.uk/news/news/fire...tre-50438.aspx

As the Theatre's 'photographer' I was hoping to add some 'drama' in the next
'Friends of Shanklin Theatre's news letter, but there was nothing to
photograph, it all happened too quickly! There's efficiency for you.

Mike

Old 06-08-2013, 12:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-08-06 08:18:10 +0000, Martin said:

On Mon, 05 Aug 2013 16:32:01 +0100, David Hill
wrote:

Isn't it time for your mug of Coco and a lie down in a darkened room

A sepulchre for Coco the clown?

an attempt to cause trouble and fob it off onto someone else! Clumsy
but typical.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 06-08-2013, 02:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Isn't it time for your mug of Coco and a lie down in a darkened room

A sepulchre for Coco the clown?

an attempt to cause trouble and fob it off onto someone else! Clumsy
but typical.

Eh?

Not you!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 07-08-2013, 09:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 05/08/2013 16:32, David Hill wrote:

Interesting that you pick on my ping to Sacha, but totally ignore the
postings about Shanklin theatre, army band displays, reunions and many
more that come from the Isle of Wight.
Or of streams of totally off topic puns that occur from time to time.
Could it be that your ire is more person specific than topic related?

Isn't it time for your mug of Coco and a lie down in a darkened room

I ignore him usually as he is clearly quite incorrigible. Although I
have been known to comment on some aspects of his posts in the past.

I've also previously commented on the off topic puns, top posting and
lack of snipping. All usenet etiquette things and as far as I'm
concerned, on topic for any news group.

But its nice to note that your ad hominem abuse is coming on nicely.

--
regards
andy
Old 07-08-2013, 09:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-08-05 11:46:49 +0100, News said:

Usenet is in effect, a 'many to many' service - not a private
messaging service.

So kill file us both and start contributing some garden talk of your
own. Simples.

Just because I make a comment on usenet etiquette doesn't mean I need to
kill file you.

And I don't need your invitation or advice regarding making a gardening
post - I'll do so when I've got something to say, rather than just to
fill up space.

You seem to be the ones with bees up your backsides over a pretty
reasonable comment on usenet etiquette. Rather than just giving an
eplanation, you had to become all defensive (and particularly in David's
case, launch ad hominem attacks).
Old 07-08-2013, 09:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-08-06 12:50:32 +0100, Martin said:

A sepulchre for Coco the clown?

Nope, lost me there.

an attempt to cause trouble and fob it off onto someone else! Clumsy
but typical.

Eh?

Not you!

Then who?

--
regards
andy

Ping sacha - reposted message! Ping Spider re Deutzia Spider[_2_] United Kingdom 4 04-05-2009 06:28 AM
Ping Sacha Judith in France United Kingdom 3 17-05-2008 03:51 PM
Ping Sacha judith.lea United Kingdom 18 21-01-2008 04:07 PM
Ping Sacha judith.lea United Kingdom 3 16-10-2007 10:55 PM
Ping Sacha Just Me \Koi\ Ponds 3 26-05-2003 04:20 PM