Old 10-12-2013, 01:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default J. Parker Bulbs

On 2013-12-10 02:29:16 +0000, Frank Booth said:

"sacha" wrote in message
As a matter of curiosity, if the damaged plants grow sturdily, along
with their replacements, will you feel morally obliged to send Parkers
a proportion of the cost of the new, freely and quickly replaced plants
you have?

Interesting poiint. It's not ultimately my decision, since I ordered on
behalf of a gardening committee but initially paid out of my own pocket
since the decision as to who to buy from was left up to me. If the
damaged/poor quality roses grow ok it might encourage me to do further
business with Parkers. But I feel overall the initial frustration and
disappointment with the first batch of roses and chasing them up for an
invoice kind of balances out the cost of reimbursing Parkers for the 'free'
roses

Incidentally a neighbour down the road from me also orderd roses from
Parkers (on my recommendation) and he has also had to ask for a couple of
replacements as the quality wasn't satifactory for the same reason as
myself.

I think it's probably worth pointing this out to them, because you can
show them that you were acting in good faith in recommending them.
Plants do get damaged in transit sometimes but sending out poor quality
in the first place is very poor practice. It's far better to say the
plants are out of stock or, if it's something smaller than usually
supplied, to knock a couple of pounds off. But sickly plants that may
never recover are a no-no.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 10-07-2014, 04:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-11-30 23:11:05 +0000, said:

Well the roses finally arrived today - last day of November. Had they
arrived any later they would have been in breach of contract of their
own terms. However 3 of the 9 roses delivered were either damaged or of
very poor quality. Not good at all. They are going back. Not sure
whether to ask for a part refund and buy the remaining 3 elsewhere, or
have the damaged roses replaced (and no doubt I'll have a long wait
again). I guess my early misgivings of this company turned out to be
well founded and I won't be using them again.

I'm really sorry to hear this, especially as some of us were reassuring
as to their usual standards. They, like anyone who sells anything
online, are at the mercy of couriers/post office though, so damage may
not be their fault. Poor quality is another matter.

?
Well harking back to my post last November it turns out that a few of the
roses we ordered from J Parkers are the wrong variety now that they are
flowering, let alone the problems we first had with the poor quality.when
they were first despatched.

It seems others have had problems with this company as well so it wasn't
just me being fussy.. I certainly won't be doing any further business with
them.

http://chat.allotment-garden.org/ind...topic=115709.0