Old 01-11-2003, 12:32 PM
gogo

Default bad experience with J.Parker bulbs

Hi, Just a piece of warning in case you were thinking ordering from J.Parker
dutch bulbs:
I ordered online mid-September. First, they charged twice my credit card! I
had to call their customer services at least 3 times to finally manage to
get my money back. Then, they had apparently misplaced the paperwork of my
(remaining) order: it took 6 weeks to finally arrive now. I know there's
still plenty of time, but I guess Daffodils would have been better off
planted earlier. I just unpacked the order: bulbs are in a very bad
condition: some are mouldy, some are rotten, some have dried off. For
example, I ordered 5 erythronium: 2 out of 5 are completely rotten beyond
recovery. My guess is during all that time, my order was ready to go and
kept in non-ideal conditions. Also, I think that the tulip bulbs are of a
very small size compared to what you can find in Garden center. The reason I
ordered there was mainly a question of choice: I wanted some bulbs I could
not find locally, but I it's certainly going to be the last time I use them!

Philippe, Edinburgh

Old 01-11-2003, 02:32 PM
John Towill

"gogo" wrote in message
[...]

I must say that I have stopped using them, I ordered bedding plants a couple
of years back, they arrived very late and not in good condition.
cheers
John T

Old 01-11-2003, 03:23 PM
Lyndon Thomas

You have obviously had a bad deal, I would write to them for an explanation
plus a full refund.
Speak as you find, i have used Parkers for many many years and have had no
problems at all. Maybe i,ve been lucky ?
Lyndon

Old 01-11-2003, 03:43 PM
Jim W

gogo wrote:

[...]

I've never ordered bulbs from them but they have replaced or refunded
any plants I have not been happy with in the past.
/
Jim
Old 01-11-2003, 09:12 PM
Colin Forsyth

"gogo" wrote in message
[...]

Yep likewise, we have had a few bad experiences, however a quick call to
their customer care has always resolved the matter. Usually ending up with
some freebies to boot !

Col

Old 02-11-2003, 01:34 AM
gogo

"Colin Forsyth" wrote in message

Yep likewise, we have had a few bad experiences, however a quick call to
their customer care has always resolved the matter. Usually ending up

with
some freebies to boot !

Col

Yes, I realise now that before planting them today, I should maybe have
taken a few pictures as a proof of what I'm saying if I make a complaint.
Anyway, I reckon that at least a quarter of the bulbs were definitely for
the bin.

Thanks all for the comments

Philippe

Old 20-10-2012, 12:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Really disappointed with the customer service. My wife ordered £80 of bulbs...they didn't turn up she and chased and chased. Eventually after various excuses discovered the carrier had 'lost' them. (And BTW telephone response is "We know the carrier is rubbish, this happens all the time."!) "Can you send a different way or a part order?" "Nope."
Eventually a refund...with a weak unsigned credit note.
Great plants but disappointing service. I think Parkers need to take responsibility for their supply chain!

Old 20-10-2012, 08:49 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

And with 9 years interest it could be a tidy sum

I do wish people wouldn't resurrect long since dead threads!
__________________
Old 20-10-2012, 09:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 20 Oct 2012 04:19:01 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Really disappointed with the customer service. My wife ordered £80 of bulbs...they didn't turn up she and chased and chased. Eventually after various excuses discovered the carrier had 'lost' them. (And BTW telephone response is "We know the carrier is rubbish, this happens all the time."!) "Can you send a different way or a part order?" "Nope."
Eventually a refund...with a weak unsigned credit note.
Great plants but disappointing service. I think Parkers need to take responsibility for their supply chain!

Did you look at the date of the Post you followed on from below?
Seems a bit strange to add to a thread nearly nine years old.
Sort of small detail Consultants miss when they advise management at
great cost how to put pressure on employees to work harder.
managementcentre.co.uk Sounds like a nest of them ,almost as bad as
ambulance chasing Lawyers.

G.Harman

Old 20-10-2012, 10:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
writes
Really disappointed with the customer service. My wife ordered £80 of bulbs...they didn't turn up she and chased and chased. Eventually after
various excuses discovered the carrier had 'lost' them. (And BTW telephone response is "We know the carrier is rubbish, this happens all the
time."!) "Can you send a different way or a part order?" "Nope."
Eventually a refund...with a weak unsigned credit note.
Great plants but disappointing service. I think Parkers need to take responsibility for their supply chain!

Had to order from Parker's about three weeks ago, still waiting but
haven't had too bad an experience with them in the past. Bulbs are often
small from them and not always what they were supposed to be but the
prices (in trade catalogue) are reasonable and just thought it worth
taking a chance.
Be interesting to see how soon they come!

On the other hand all praise to Wells and Winter from whom i ordered two
Darlac snips and plant labels and a pot maker. First got a parcel almost
by return with all but Darlac snips, and a handwritten note apologising
for delay in sending snips. Then one pair came followed by an effusively
apologetic note to say he had misread my order and I had wanted two so
he was sending the second set ASAP plus some twine etc. by way of an
apology!

Not only was note hand-written but it was also warmly received by me
-though there had been a delay I felt that he actually cared and wanted
to give a good service so I will be ordering from him again without a
doubt!!

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 21-10-2012, 11:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 20/10/2012 22:45, Janet Tweedy wrote:
In article ,
writes
[...]

I agree Janet, all companies have glitches, it is the way they handle
them that counts, to me, not the glitch itself.
Old 28-10-2012, 11:00 AM
Registered User

I have stopped ordering from these guys too...couple of bad experiences, and lots and lots of hassle trying to get them to take responsibility - I agree that most companies have glitches occassionally, and it's the way they deal with them that differentiates.

My mum also had seperate problems and has independantly stopped using them

....it's just not worth the hassle.

I order a bit from Crocus (when I have saved up enough!!), and ordered a garden table and chairs that split in the sun, despite oiling etc - when I contacted them I received a new table and 2 new chairs, without argument and an apology.