Old 22-01-2014, 11:47 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Tonkin[_2_] View Post
Our house faces north, and as such the tarmac drive
gets no sun at all and is quite damp.

I've tried over the years removing the moss that grows
by scraping it off with a spade and blasting it off
with a power hose. Neither of which work really
successfully and are starting to damage the tarmac.

So it looks as if it must be a chemical attack, but
what with? I,m hoping to get to a garden centre next
week, so I'd like some idea of what has worked and
what to avoid if possible.

Many thanks

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales
I had the same problem so bought this;

Twin Pack Super Strength Path & Patio Concentrate | Watering Can | Spray

Dissolved the moss on my driveway and didnt discolour the tarmac as much as some of the cheaper products I've tried. Used it back in September and it hasn't regrown since.
Old 22-01-2014, 01:44 PM
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacdonald View Post
I had the same problem so bought this;

Twin Pack Super Strength Path & Patio Concentrate | Watering Can | Spray

Dissolved the moss on my driveway and didnt discolour the tarmac as much as some of the cheaper products I've tried. Used it back in September and it hasn't regrown since.
That's got benzalkonium chloride just like the Patio Magic, but given the much higher dilution it is recommending, it would seem to be quite a bit cheaper. I'll have to remember the name, Doff.