Old 25-01-2014, 11:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Ignore

On 2014-01-25 11:02:15 +0000, Martin said:
snip

With a Kindle Paper White you don't need to swipe the page. Just touching it on
the right or left side is sufficient to turn/change page.

I often read Kindle books
on my iPad and wouldn't be without it but it's an entirely different
and more cumbersome process for bed time reading!

I'll have to go and have a play with Ray's new Kindle. And I hope he's
discovered that for himself!

You can probably tell by the pattern of finger prints on the screen. Using the
dictionary by pressing the word to be looked up with a finger takes some skill
unless you have tiny fingers. Amazon sells a stylus to do it for around £10.
Last time I looked I found somebody selling a stylus for about 30p in
packets of
three.

Tonight we had dinner with some friends (California Cross pub - very
good!) and one of them mentioned this. Ray hadn't found it but he has
now! I think he needs to accept that these things take a bit of
learning but as he is patient in every other area of life, I suppose he
may be permitted a little impatience with technology that doesn't much
interest him!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 27-01-2014, 02:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote
You can probably tell by the pattern of finger prints on the screen.
Using the dictionary by pressing the word to be looked up with a
finger takes some skill unless you have tiny fingers. Amazon sells a
stylus to do it for around £10. Last time I looked I found somebody
selling a stylus for about 30p in packets of three.

£10?! Seems a bit silly. Surely something else the right shape and size
would do instead, or does the stylus would have to be made of a
particular material?

Mind you, I know nahhthing, being a Kindle and tablet-less Luddite
whose mobile phone doesn't even take photos or connect to T'interweb.
--
Sue

Old 27-01-2014, 04:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Martin wrote:
On Mon, 27 Jan 2014 14:36:57 -0000, "Indigo" wrote:

Mind you, I know nahhthing, being a Kindle and tablet-less Luddite
whose mobile phone doesn't even take photos or connect to T'interweb.

I have one like that.

Whereas I don't even have one :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 28-01-2014, 04:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 27 Jan 2014 14:36:57 -0000, "Indigo"
wrote:

"Martin" wrote
You can probably tell by the pattern of finger prints on the screen.
Using the dictionary by pressing the word to be looked up with a
finger takes some skill unless you have tiny fingers. Amazon sells a
stylus to do it for around £10. Last time I looked I found somebody
selling a stylus for about 30p in packets of three.

£10?! Seems a bit silly. Surely something else the right shape and size
would do instead, or does the stylus would have to be made of a
particular material?

I use a stylus with my iPad as I have diabetic nerve damage to my
finger tips. The cheap Amazon ones are fine but the cheap ones are now
tending to need more care or they miss letters.

Pam in Bristol
Old 28-01-2014, 04:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 28 Jan 2014 16:33:55 +0000, Pam Moore
wrote:

On Mon, 27 Jan 2014 14:36:57 -0000, "Indigo"
wrote:

"Martin" wrote
You can probably tell by the pattern of finger prints on the screen.
Using the dictionary by pressing the word to be looked up with a
finger takes some skill unless you have tiny fingers. Amazon sells a
stylus to do it for around £10. Last time I looked I found somebody
selling a stylus for about 30p in packets of three.

£10?! Seems a bit silly. Surely something else the right shape and size
would do instead, or does the stylus would have to be made of a
particular material?

I use a stylus with my iPad as I have diabetic nerve damage to my
finger tips. The cheap Amazon ones are fine but the cheap ones are now
tending to need more care or they miss letters.

I tried various items but none worked. I found a "how to make a
stylus" on the internet. Rubbish! I don't know whether you could make
one. They have a soft rubber tip.
Pam in Bristol

Pam in Bristol

Old 29-01-2014, 11:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 28 Jan 2014 17:49:29 +0100, Martin wrote:

I tried various items but none worked. I found a "how to make a
stylus" on the internet. Rubbish! I don't know whether you could make
one. They have a soft rubber tip.

Does the rubber end of a rubber tipped pencil work?
--

NO!

Pam in Bristol

Old 29-01-2014, 01:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
is is is offline

Nuxx
Old 29-01-2014, 01:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bar Bar is offline

Old 05-02-2014, 01:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2014-01-23 13:07:11 +0000, Martin said:

On 23 Jan 2014 12:33:53 GMT, Derek Turner wrote:

On Thu, 23 Jan 2014 13:04:15 +0100, Francoise P wrote:

Test

Then get thee to alt.test where your sort is tolerated

I considered that. :-)

I had enough trouble subscribing to one group without complicating
matters.
Next time she can do it herself.

Ye gods, you men are smug! ;-)

Ah, but we have reason to be.

--
Rusty Hinge

test please ignore. ahall Edible Gardening 1 26-04-2003 07:56 PM
just a test, please ignore tcomeau sci.agriculture 0 26-04-2003 12:25 PM
test please ignore stacey morris Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 20-04-2003 06:21 AM
test, please ignore Chi Tran Ponds 0 26-03-2003 05:20 AM
Scrolling - Ignore DKat Ponds 0 31-01-2003 06:22 PM