Old 13-03-2014, 04:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default sending seeds to France

I have cousins living in France.
I have some special bean seeds from beans I grew last year and now
have a few to share. (family only!)
Are there any restrictions on sending bean seeds in the post to
France? They have said Yes please so I assume it's OK.
The "special" aspect of these is that they originally grew in the
gardens of Windsor Castle and were passed on over the years by a
gardener there.
I understand they are going for the first time in the catalogue of the
Garden Organic seed give-away. (It was HDRA when I used theif service)

Pam in Bristol
Old 13-03-2014, 04:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 13 Mar 2014 16:09:05 +0000, Pam Moore wrote:

I have cousins living in France.
I have some special bean seeds from beans I grew last year and now have
a few to share. (family only!)
Are there any restrictions on sending bean seeds in the post to France?
They have said Yes please so I assume it's OK.

Hi Pam,

I don't think you'll have any problem. I've received both seeds and live
plants from the UK many times, either by Royal Mail or other carriers.
Never had any problem.

Sounds like lovely beans!

-E

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy
Old 13-03-2014, 04:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 13 Mar 2014 16:14:36 GMT, Emery Davis
wrote:

On Thu, 13 Mar 2014 16:09:05 +0000, Pam Moore wrote:

I have cousins living in France.
I have some special bean seeds from beans I grew last year and now have
a few to share. (family only!)
Are there any restrictions on sending bean seeds in the post to France?
They have said Yes please so I assume it's OK.

Hi Pam,

I don't think you'll have any problem. I've received both seeds and live
plants from the UK many times, either by Royal Mail or other carriers.
Never had any problem.

Sounds like lovely beans!

-E

Thanks Emery
You should know! U aooreciate a prompt answer.
I will try and save seed from this years crop and have some to send to
urg members. I only grew a few in a big tub and they did really well,
tasty too.

Pam in Bristol
Old 13-03-2014, 06:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
I have cousins living in France.
I have some special bean seeds from beans I grew last year and now
have a few to share. (family only!)
Are there any restrictions on sending bean seeds in the post to
France? They have said Yes please so I assume it's OK.
The "special" aspect of these is that they originally grew in the
gardens of Windsor Castle and were passed on over the years by a
gardener there.
I understand they are going for the first time in the catalogue of the
Garden Organic seed give-away. (It was HDRA when I used theif service)

Pam in Bristol

As its in the EU plants and seeds are fine

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs

Old 13-03-2014, 06:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 13/03/2014 16:09, Pam Moore wrote:
I have cousins living in France.
I have some special bean seeds from beans I grew last year and now
have a few to share. (family only!)
Are there any restrictions on sending bean seeds in the post to
France? They have said Yes please so I assume it's OK.
The "special" aspect of these is that they originally grew in the
gardens of Windsor Castle and were passed on over the years by a
gardener there.
I understand they are going for the first time in the catalogue of the
Garden Organic seed give-away. (It was HDRA when I used theif service)

Pam in Bristol

you should be OK, but do use a padded envelope to protect the seed.
Also if you have enough then send as 2 lots a few days apart.