Old 06-05-2003, 08:44 AM
Steve Jackson

Default Malvern Garden Show

I've been thinking of driving over to Malvern for the Garden Show this
weekend; can anyone on the NG recommend it?

I've been to Hampton Court but never to Chelsea or Malvern, and just
wondered if it is worth a visit?

I've been on a web site but it didn't give much detail.

Thanks for any advice.
--
Steve Jackson
Old 06-05-2003, 10:57 AM
Jayne

I went last year - it's a nice day out, but go early as the traffic starts
backing up later.
I don't think it's as "posh" as Chelsea (haven't been, but seen it on TV).
The show gardens are quite small.
There is quite a lot besides gardening - flower arranging, crafts, food hall
etc. We came home with bird feeders, climbers, trees, cheese, pork pies etc.

We'll be going again this weekend - it's barely an hour's drive from where
we live.

Jayne

Old 06-05-2003, 04:44 PM
Charlie

Not sure about the garden show, but the quilt show that's on this weekend
will be fantastic! Defiantly worth a look if you're interested in things
like that.

Charlie.

"Steve Jackson" wrote in message
I've been thinking of driving over to Malvern for the Garden Show this
weekend; can anyone on the NG recommend it?

I've been to Hampton Court but never to Chelsea or Malvern, and just
wondered if it is worth a visit?

I've been on a web site but it didn't give much detail.

Thanks for any advice.
--
Steve Jackson

---

Old 06-05-2003, 06:32 PM
M K Rogerson

The Alpine Garden Society will have a show within the show, but only on
Saturday. It is worth comparing the quality of this with the RHS Alpine
section in the RHS show marquee. I'll let you draw your own conclusions as
to the comparative quality of the exhibits.

I'll be there exhibiting so feel free to say hello. I'll be wearing a name
badge not a red carnation

Martin R

Old 06-05-2003, 08:56 PM
Pete The Gardener

On Tue, 6 May 2003 18:30:37 +0100, "M K Rogerson"
wrote:

The Alpine Garden Society will have a show within the show, but only on
Saturday. It is worth comparing the quality of this with the RHS Alpine
section in the RHS show marquee. I'll let you draw your own conclusions as
to the comparative quality of the exhibits.

I'll be there exhibiting so feel free to say hello. I'll be wearing a name
badge not a red carnation

Were you at the AGS show within the RHS show last week at Vincent
Square? By the time I got into that part I was fairly well 'showed
out' but must say some of the plants there were extremely good, as
were many of the photos on display.

--
Pete The Gardener
A room without books is like a body without a soul.

Old 07-05-2003, 01:56 PM
M K Rogerson

"Pete The Gardener" wrote in message

Were you at the AGS show within the RHS show last week at Vincent
Square? By the time I got into that part I was fairly well 'showed
out' but must say some of the plants there were extremely good, as
were many of the photos on display.

--

No, I have to work for a living, so two day shows in London are not on. That
also explains why the exhibits were a bit thin on the ground. If it hadn't

The quality is always top notch at AGS shows, as are the standards expected.
It is interesting to note that at the London show the Farrer medal for best
plant in show was not awarded as no plants met the standard.

Malvern should be better attended by the top exhibitors.

Details of all AGS shows can be found on the website
www.alpinegardensociety.org

Martin R

Coach from Chesham to Malvern Show Janet Tweedy United Kingdom 0 30-04-2010 09:35 PM
Malvern Show dr United Kingdom 1 16-05-2008 06:46 PM
Malvern Spring Show. Sam United Kingdom 3 15-05-2007 10:00 PM
Malvern Spring Flower Festival. Sam United Kingdom 7 15-05-2007 12:25 AM
Malvern show Pam Moore United Kingdom 2 14-05-2005 08:26 PM