Old 11-05-2007, 03:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sam Sam is offline

Default Malvern Spring Flower Festival.

I'm off to the Malvern Spring Flower Festival this weekend
and I look forward to seeing old and new acquaintances.
I'll be the one that all the rain is falling on.
Sam.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 11 May, 15:39, Sam wrote:
I'm off to the Malvern Spring Flower Festival this weekend
and I look forward to seeing old and new acquaintances.
I'll be the one that all the rain is falling on.

Lucky man. There's a GW special tonight on it. Have a great time and
give a kiss to Diarmuid for me. No need for message because I don't
understand what he says most of the time )

Old 11-05-2007, 05:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On 11 May, 17:05, La Puce wrote:
On 11 May, 15:39, Sam wrote:

I'm off to the Malvern Spring Flower Festival this weekend
and I look forward to seeing old and new acquaintances.
I'll be the one that all the rain is falling on.

Lucky man. There's a GW special tonight on it. Have a great time and
give a kiss to Diarmuid for me. No need for message because I don't
understand what he says most of the time )

Went to the show Yesterday, Very good, and came back with 18 new
plants, many of which have already been split or had cuttings taken
from them. Well they have to earn their keep.
The general standard was good, though the rain starting at around 1.30
didn't help, and the horendus traffic getting there, took an hour from
the M50 to the show ground.
If you can come in from the other side it would be easier, other wise
try to get there by 9am
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Old 11-05-2007, 06:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Is there a web site?
--
Regards,
Vister Caravans & Camping

Old 11-05-2007, 11:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 11 May, 17:05, La Puce wrote:
On 11 May, 15:39, Sam wrote:

[...]

The one plant they featured that stood out from the crowd was Mathiasella
bupleuroides. I got three of these late last year and they really are the
most fabulous plant.
Green flowers not dissimilar to a Hellebore foetidus and a glaucous blue
leaf. It seems to combine the best of the exotic and traditional .

Old 13-05-2007, 09:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 11 May, 17:36, Dave Hill wrote:
Went to the show Yesterday, Very good, and came back with 18 new
plants, many of which have already been split or had cuttings taken
from them. Well they have to earn their keep.

The only plant I've bought from all the garden shows I've visited so
far is a Phuopsis Stylosa. I was completely taken by it - it's in a
very tall pot and looks really amazing. Just about to flower. I've had
to research about it a bit as I bought it not even knowing what the
flowers will look like. It has a very grassy smell - like just cut
lawn. Amazing thing. You've just reminded me that I perhaps ought to
take some cuttings indeed!!

Old 15-05-2007, 12:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article .com, Dave
Hill writes

Went to the show Yesterday, Very good, and came back with 18 new
plants, many of which have already been split or had cuttings taken
from them. Well they have to earn their keep.

Oh a gardener after my own heart! I invariably do the same. Getting home
and trying to get as many cuttings and/or plants from each purchase.
I took so many cuttings from a Francesca Primula two years ago, it's
taken this long to start flowering again!
By the by, got my dahlia order thank you very much, will be intriguing
to grow the scented ones! never thought there would be such a thing, so
it's going to be a source of interest around here until they flower and
we can judge!
Great condition as usual David, nicely packed, and I shall look forward
to the trial one you threw in
Thank you.

janet

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

Malvern Spring Show. Sam United Kingdom 3 15-05-2007 10:00 PM
Malvern show Pam Moore United Kingdom 2 14-05-2005 08:26 PM
Epcot Flower and Garden Festival - Help Identify Another Flower concord Gardening 25 09-06-2004 05:20 AM
Malvern Garden Show Steve Jackson United Kingdom 6 07-05-2003 01:56 PM