Old 06-06-2014, 09:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT Malware in news

On 06/06/2014 09:11, Martin wrote:
On Thu, 5 Jun 2014 17:21:10 +0100, "Bob Hobden" wrote:

"Stephen Wolstenholme" wrote
I don't think I will respond to Symantec marketing.

Where on that page is there any Symantec marketing?
There is a link to a removal tool by Symantec as there is a link to a
similar tool by McAfee and a few others. I used the McAfee tool because I
use their anti-virus and firewall programs but anyone can use any one from
what I read. Even if you are sure you haven't been infected as I was, what
is the harm in downloading and running one of those tools just to be 100%
sure. Perhaps you might get a few e-mail adverts from them, so what.

Stephen didn't read what was on the website.

One question I had is that if you are already using one of the tools listed why
should it be necessary to download and run a test for a specific virus.

Not sure how this malware works, but a lot of viruses disable the av
programs when they infect a machine (and block access to common av
websites). And if someone has bad or non-updated av, they still might
get infected.

--
regards andy

Well there's good news and bad news.... Janet Baraclough United Kingdom 32 26-06-2004 11:48 AM
Good news/bad news Mike Patterson Ponds 2 19-05-2004 08:09 PM
Good News-Bad News Bob Adkins Ponds 2 14-09-2003 06:32 PM
Sad news, good news and questions all in one message Boystrup Pb, ann,... Orchids 18 13-06-2003 04:44 PM
There is good news and bad news Essjay001 United Kingdom 0 10-06-2003 02:32 AM