Old 04-07-2014, 02:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Tomato Leaf Curl

First time problem with leaf curl. I have 3 varieties in the g/house.
Gardeners Delight, Roma and Sungold.

I also have 3 cucumber plants. All 6 plants are directly into soil.
Cucumbers are well ahead and I've cropped a dozen fruit. Lots of fruit on
tomatoes but not yet ripened.

The problem lies with the Roma. All the leaves are curling inwards. Any help
with diagnosis would be great. As yet, I'm not sure if it will effect
ripening.

Last year, the soil which now has tomatoes, previously had cucumbers. Don't
know why I swapped them round ..... hope it's not a factor.

Old 04-07-2014, 02:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 04/07/2014 14:18, Bertie Doe wrote:
First time problem with leaf curl. I have 3 varieties in the g/house.
Gardeners Delight, Roma and Sungold.

I also have 3 cucumber plants. All 6 plants are directly into soil.
Cucumbers are well ahead and I've cropped a dozen fruit. Lots of fruit
on tomatoes but not yet ripened.

The problem lies with the Roma. All the leaves are curling inwards. Any
help with diagnosis would be great. As yet, I'm not sure if it will
effect ripening.

Last year, the soil which now has tomatoes, previously had cucumbers.
Don't know why I swapped them round ..... hope it's not a factor.

This is quite normal for some varieties, as long as the leaves look
healthy then I wouldn't worry.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bertie Doe" wrote

First time problem with leaf curl. I have 3 varieties in the g/house.
Gardeners Delight, Roma and Sungold.

I also have 3 cucumber plants. All 6 plants are directly into soil.
Cucumbers are well ahead and I've cropped a dozen fruit. Lots of fruit on
tomatoes but not yet ripened.

The problem lies with the Roma. All the leaves are curling inwards. Any
help with diagnosis would be great. As yet, I'm not sure if it will effect
ripening.

Last year, the soil which now has tomatoes, previously had cucumbers. Don't
know why I swapped them round ..... hope it's not a factor.

Thinking back to when we used to grow Roma (before the blight was so bad!)
they did curl their leaves more than others.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 04-07-2014, 05:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Thanks David and Bob. Hopefully they'll ripen. Bit worried there might have
been nutrient deficiency or something. Leaves look healthy - apart from
curling.

Tomato problems: potato leaf vs, regular leaf (cut leaf?) Joanne Edible Gardening 7 17-03-2005 08:53 PM
Leaf curl on wattle Cheryl Robinson Australia 0 19-12-2003 08:03 PM
Leaf curl on plum tree Udo Dölz United Kingdom 0 20-06-2003 10:56 PM
peach leaf curl H United Kingdom 1 10-06-2003 05:20 PM
crypt leaf curl? linda mar Freshwater Aquaria Plants 6 24-04-2003 03:32 AM