Old 30-07-2014, 10:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Diluter problems

For more years than I like to think about I have used Diluters from
Access Irrigation, and never had any problems with the,
BUT
I bought a new one about 2 months ago. They have changed the design and
the Bottle has a much narrower neck than the last model, it lasted about
a week before I started getting a spray from the top of the thing, turns
out the bottle had split in the neck.
That's because you are using a water pressure of more than 3 bars, You
must not close off the water at the outlet end
They supplied another bottle at cost and after less than a week that has
split in exactly the same place.
Why, the hose kinked and it took me all of 30 seconds to get to it.
The bottle has a pressure relief valve but it's not for sudden surges of
pressure and doesn't do a thing.
I'm now looking for a different make of diluter or feed injection system.
The other alternative is to get pressure regulators
Any ideas?
David @ a still dry side of Swansea Bay
Old 31-07-2014, 07:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 30/07/2014 22:14, David Hill wrote:
For more years than I like to think about I have used Diluters from
Access Irrigation, and never had any problems with the,
BUT
I bought a new one about 2 months ago. They have changed the design and
the Bottle has a much narrower neck than the last model, it lasted about
a week before I started getting a spray from the top of the thing, turns
out the bottle had split in the neck.

Somewhat in the same vein, I have a general rule never to buy anything
which has words to the effect "New, improved (whatever)..." on it. That
is because it always fails to meet the second criterion.

--

Jeff
Old 31-07-2014, 08:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Jeff Layman" wrote ...

David Hill wrote:
For more years than I like to think about I have used Diluters from
Access Irrigation, and never had any problems with the,
BUT
I bought a new one about 2 months ago. They have changed the design and
the Bottle has a much narrower neck than the last model, it lasted about
a week before I started getting a spray from the top of the thing, turns
out the bottle had split in the neck.

Somewhat in the same vein, I have a general rule never to buy anything
which has words to the effect "New, improved (whatever)..." on it. That is
because it always fails to meet the second criterion.

I always take it to mean improved for the manufacturer or seller, ie, it's
cheaper to make = more profit.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 31-07-2014, 08:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message ...

"Jeff Layman" wrote ...

David Hill wrote:
For more years than I like to think about I have used Diluters from
Access Irrigation, and never had any problems with the,
BUT
I bought a new one about 2 months ago. They have changed the design and
the Bottle has a much narrower neck than the last model, it lasted about
a week before I started getting a spray from the top of the thing, turns
out the bottle had split in the neck.

Somewhat in the same vein, I have a general rule never to buy anything
which has words to the effect "New, improved (whatever)..." on it. That is
because it always fails to meet the second criterion.

I always take it to mean improved for the manufacturer or seller, ie, it's
cheaper to make = more profit.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Or some of the faults have been ironed out!!

Years ago my Step Mother bought a new car, 'latest model'. Forgotten which
make or model, but I have a funny feeling it was the very first of the Ford
Cortina which would put it in the very early 1960's. It was well before she
sold the hotel anyway. That car was so bad, was back in the garage so many
times and because it was obvious she would be relating the tale of woe to
hundreds of visitors, that Ford took it back and gave her another one. I
believe she changed makers after that!!

Mike

For those ex Royal Navy.
http://angelradioisleofwight.moonfru...ive/4574468641
7.30 – 8.00 pm Wednesday 6th August 2014
‘From the Crowe’s Nest’