Old 05-04-2015, 09:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default A news article????

I know what I think about it...

http://home.bt.com/lifestyle/house-h...11363972635419

-- Regards
Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup
from the W.of London. UK

Old 05-04-2015, 02:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 05/04/2015 09:08, Bob Hobden wrote:
I know what I think about it...

http://home.bt.com/lifestyle/house-h...11363972635419

-- Regards
Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup
from the W.of London. UK

She left out Cellulitis and Terminal Paranoia from being overlooked by
neighbours.

I had a fall in the garden the other day because one of my shoes split.
That could happen anywhere, as could tetanus, legionaires, et al.

Apart from applying generous levels of common sense, I shall carry on as
usual.
--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London

Old 05-04-2015, 03:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , says...

I know what I think about it...

yes Bob, and manure is terribly dangerous too :-)

Janet
Old 05-04-2015, 06:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Spider" wrote in message
On 05/04/2015 09:08, Bob Hobden wrote:
I know what I think about it...

http://home.bt.com/lifestyle/house-h...11363972635419

-- Regards
Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup
from the W.of London. UK

She left out Cellulitis and Terminal Paranoia from being overlooked by
neighbours.

I had a fall in the garden the other day because one of my shoes split.
That could happen anywhere, as could tetanus, legionaires, et al.

Apart from applying generous levels of common sense, I shall carry on as
usual.

ehhh tha's a brave lass!!!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Old 06-04-2015, 01:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 05/04/2015 18:23, Ophelia wrote:

"Spider" wrote in message
On 05/04/2015 09:08, Bob Hobden wrote:
I know what I think about it...

http://home.bt.com/lifestyle/house-h...11363972635419

-- Regards
Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup
from the W.of London. UK

She left out Cellulitis and Terminal Paranoia from being overlooked by
neighbours.

I had a fall in the garden the other day because one of my shoes
split. That could happen anywhere, as could tetanus, legionaires, et al.

Apart from applying generous levels of common sense, I shall carry on
as usual.

ehhh tha's a brave lass!!!

Well, I'm up to date with my Tetanus jab. Cellulitis is a problem for
me, but forewarned is forearmed. I warm up before working and just try
and be sensible. I'm determined not to be put off gardening, or go out
there in fear for my life ... I'd never get anything done! There are
far more things good about gardening than there are bad. It would be
grand if that made me brave, but stubborn is probably nearer the mark:~)).
--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London

Old 06-04-2015, 04:43 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider[_3_] View Post

"Spider" wrote in message
On 05/04/2015 09:08, Bob Hobden wrote:
I know what I think about it...

Who knew gardening could be so dangerous? 7 horticultural health hazards - BT

[...]

No wonder I feel so ill. It didn't say anything about age having anything to do with it.?
Old 06-04-2015, 10:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 06/04/2015 16:43, Bigal wrote:
'Spider[_3_ Wrote:
;1012760']On 05/04/2015 18:23, Ophelia wrote:-

...-

http://tinyurl.com/m7uzxo9)

-

Well, I'm up to date with my Tetanus jab. Cellulitis is a problem for
me, but forewarned is forearmed. I warm up before working and just try

and be sensible. I'm determined not to be put off gardening, or go out

there in fear for my life ... I'd never get anything done! There are
far more things good about gardening than there are bad. It would be
grand if that made me brave, but stubborn is probably nearer the
mark:~)).
--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London
gardening on heavy clay

No wonder I feel so ill. It didn't say anything about age having
anything to do with it.?

Only that certain risks were worse for the over-50s, which includes this
arachnid, incidentally.
--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London

Old 07-04-2015, 09:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Chris Hogg wrote:
On Mon, 06 Apr 2015 13:54:11 +0100, Spider wrote:

Well, I'm up to date with my Tetanus jab.

I thought these days that 'they' (doctors, NHS etc) now reckon that
'keeping it up to date' is unnecessary. If you had a tetanus jab
decades ago, it was longer lasting that they previously realised, and
didn't need regular renewing every ten years or so. Certainly, I
haven't had one for so long I don't remember the last one (mind you,
that might mean it was last week, but I don't think so. LOL!)

God alone knows what phase they are in at present. When I started,
you needed multiple injections, and a booster every three years.
Then it was one every five, then ten, and then no more. And then
they went back to ten years, or five in some cases. And then
back to no boosters. And then there was research that indicated
that the protection after quarter of a century is weak.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 07-04-2015, 12:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 07/04/2015 08:05, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Mon, 06 Apr 2015 13:54:11 +0100, Spider wrote:

Well, I'm up to date with my Tetanus jab.

I thought these days that 'they' (doctors, NHS etc) now reckon that
'keeping it up to date' is unnecessary. If you had a tetanus jab
decades ago, it was longer lasting that they previously realised, and
didn't need regular renewing every ten years or so. Certainly, I
haven't had one for so long I don't remember the last one (mind you,
that might mean it was last week, but I don't think so. LOL!)

Essentially I think you're right and I believed myself to be fully up to
date. However, when I had a nasty festering injury and went to A&E, the
first thing they did was give me a tetanus shot before calling for the
orthopedics doc. It leaves we wondering ...
--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London

Old 07-04-2015, 02:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 4/7/2015 7:47 AM, Spider wrote:
On 07/04/2015 08:05, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Mon, 06 Apr 2015 13:54:11 +0100, Spider wrote:

Well, I'm up to date with my Tetanus jab.

I thought these days that 'they' (doctors, NHS etc) now reckon that
'keeping it up to date' is unnecessary. If you had a tetanus jab
decades ago, it was longer lasting that they previously realised, and
didn't need regular renewing every ten years or so. Certainly, I
haven't had one for so long I don't remember the last one (mind you,
that might mean it was last week, but I don't think so. LOL!)

Essentially I think you're right and I believed myself to be fully up to
date. However, when I had a nasty festering injury and went to A&E, the
first thing they did was give me a tetanus shot before calling for the
orthopedics doc. It leaves we wondering ...

Perhaps I should get another tetanus shot - the last one was more than
20 years ago.

Old 07-04-2015, 05:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"S Viemeister" wrote

Spider wrote:
Chris Hogg wrote:
Spider wrote:

Well, I'm up to date with my Tetanus jab.

I thought these days that 'they' (doctors, NHS etc) now reckon that
'keeping it up to date' is unnecessary. If you had a tetanus jab
decades ago, it was longer lasting that they previously realised, and
didn't need regular renewing every ten years or so. Certainly, I
haven't had one for so long I don't remember the last one (mind you,
that might mean it was last week, but I don't think so. LOL!)

Essentially I think you're right and I believed myself to be fully up to
date. However, when I had a nasty festering injury and went to A&E, the
first thing they did was give me a tetanus shot before calling for the
orthopedics doc. It leaves we wondering ...

Perhaps I should get another tetanus shot - the last one was more than 20
years ago.

When I seriously smashed my finger whilst on the allotment a few years back
I don't remember them giving me any injection other than pain killer whilst
doing the operation to piece it back together the next day.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 07-04-2015, 06:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"S Viemeister" wrote in message
[...]

I can't remember my last one

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Old 07-04-2015, 10:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 07/04/2015 18:59, Ophelia wrote:

[...]

Mmmm .. wouldn't hurt to ask the doc. Better safe than sorry.
--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London

Old 07-04-2015, 10:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Spider" wrote in message
[...]

I have to see our Practice Nurse anyway next week so I will ask. She is
very good and although I will be there for an asthma check this time she
will answer questions about anything and if she doesn't know, she will find
out. We are very lucky.

Is it something that gardeners need to keep up to date with?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Old 10-04-2015, 12:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

[...]

It is particularly important if you use horse manure to fertilise your
garden but, if you're new to a garden, you can't be sure that horse muck
hasn't been used. However, I was given a jab for my injury even though
I hadn't been in contact with either horse or garden, so it seems to be
used as a first line of defence. I don't think one can be vaccinated
against Cellulitis, only treated with antibiotics after it's diagnosed.
It is quite nasty. I could have lost the use of my hand:~(.
--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London