Old 09-04-2015, 08:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Strawberry plants

Last autumn I purchased by mail order 20 strawberry plants from Thomson
and Morgan. The day I received them I soaked them in water and planted
them into a prepared bed that same day.
Not one plant has survived the experience. Not one plant appeared above
ground or put out any green growth.
I'm a gardener of 50 years experience and wouldn't expect any problems
with planting strawberry plants.

I've contacted T&M and it will be interesting to see what they have to
say.

Peter

--
It is necessary for the good man to do nothing for evil to triumph.

Attributed to Edmund Burke 1729 - 1797
Old 09-04-2015, 06:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 9 Apr 2015 08:14:58 Peter James wrote:

Last autumn I purchased by mail order 20 strawberry plants from Thomson
and Morgan. The day I received them I soaked them in water and planted
them into a prepared bed that same day.
Not one plant has survived the experience. Not one plant appeared above
ground or put out any green growth.
I'm a gardener of 50 years experience and wouldn't expect any problems
with planting strawberry plants.

I've contacted T&M and it will be interesting to see what they have to
say.

I've stopped using Thompson and Morgan as I've had similar experiences
with them.

David

Old 09-04-2015, 11:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David Rance" wrote

Peter James wrote:

Last autumn I purchased by mail order 20 strawberry plants from Thomson
and Morgan. The day I received them I soaked them in water and planted
them into a prepared bed that same day.
Not one plant has survived the experience. Not one plant appeared above
ground or put out any green growth.
I'm a gardener of 50 years experience and wouldn't expect any problems
with planting strawberry plants.

I've contacted T&M and it will be interesting to see what they have to
say.

I've stopped using Thompson and Morgan as I've had similar experiences with
them.

I would only use them for seeds having had problems in the past with plants
being sent out very late.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 10-04-2015, 12:20 AM
Registered User

Location: Guildford, Surrey, UK

Went to Homebase today.
They have a great selection of Strawberry plants.
(3 for £2.50)
Worth a look if you are looking for replacements.

Brian
Old 10-04-2015, 07:45 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hobden View Post
"David Rance" wrote

Peter James wrote:

Last autumn I purchased by mail order 20 strawberry plants from Thomson
and Morgan. The day I received them I soaked them in water and planted
them into a prepared bed that same day.
Not one plant has survived the experience. Not one plant appeared above
ground or put out any green growth.
I'm a gardener of 50 years experience and wouldn't expect any problems
with planting strawberry plants.

I've contacted T&M and it will be interesting to see what they have to
say.

I've stopped using Thompson and Morgan as I've had similar experiences with
them.

I would only use them for seeds having had problems in the past with plants
being sent out very late.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Mail Order plants?

Left overs from those who visit :-(

.

Old 10-04-2015, 10:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 9 Apr 2015 23:27:24 Bob Hobden wrote:

"David Rance" wrote

Peter James wrote:

Last autumn I purchased by mail order 20 strawberry plants from Thomson
and Morgan. The day I received them I soaked them in water and planted
them into a prepared bed that same day.
Not one plant has survived the experience. Not one plant appeared above
ground or put out any green growth.
I'm a gardener of 50 years experience and wouldn't expect any problems
with planting strawberry plants.

I've contacted T&M and it will be interesting to see what they have to
say.

I've stopped using Thompson and Morgan as I've had similar experiences
with them.

I would only use them for seeds having had problems in the past with
plants being sent out very late.

It was their seeds I had problems with!

David