Old 12-05-2003, 02:17 PM
Mark

Default Sparrows in my garden :)

"Pickle" wrote in message
m...
"Elizabeth" wrote in message

"Charlie" wrote in message

We've been lucky enough to have a great-spotted woodpecker visit our
bird table - they like suet apparently.

We had one hammering on the tree outside the house a couple of weeks ago,
but not seen it since, I'll give the suet a go and see if it returns.

Our's is a kingfisher that sat by the pond every morning for 3 weeks during
the winter, come this spring all our fish seem to be there. Must have been
poor at fishing (unless it had some of last years young)

Mark

Old 12-05-2003, 02:20 PM
Ophelia

"Pickle" wrote in message

We've been lucky enough to have a great-spotted woodpecker visit our
bird table - they like suet apparently.

That is wonderful I am so envious) We have collared doves, a pair of
gold finches and a pair of tree sparrows))))

Unfortunately they inspect a large tree which is too near our window. They
peer through and in fact I think the gold finch was seeing its own
reflection and it battered against the window for some time

Ophelia
Scotland

Old 12-05-2003, 08:32 PM
Sue

"Mark" wrote
"Pickle" wrote
We've been lucky enough to have a great-spotted woodpecker visit our
bird table - they like suet apparently.

We had one hammering on the tree outside the house a couple of weeks ago,
but not seen it since, I'll give the suet a go and see if it returns.

They like peanuts too, or at least the one that visits here does. It turns
up for breakfast and again for supper most days. We get green woodpeckers
as well but they mostly stay further down the garden, pecking around in the
grass.

Sue