Old 14-05-2003, 09:08 PM
Charlie

Default Peas in a growbag?

I've got my tomatoes all put into growbags in my greenhouse, however, I
can't help thinking I'm wasting opportunity to grow a climber up the
aluminium frame. If I run string the length of the frame can I grow peas up
it from the growbags or would this be too much along with three tomatoes to
a bag? I was only thinking of maybe two pea plants in each bag, I just love
them fresh! Would it be more practical to put them in pots at the base of
the frame work, if so, what size pot?

Thanks ever so much for any help you can give me!

Charlie.

--
www.lowfidelity.org.uk
RCTQ Double Princess of Britain

---

Old 14-05-2003, 09:32 PM
ned

Charlie wrote:
I've got my tomatoes all put into growbags in my greenhouse,

however,
I can't help thinking I'm wasting opportunity to grow a climber up

the
aluminium frame. If I run string the length of the frame can I grow
peas up it from the growbags or would this be too much along with
three tomatoes to a bag? I was only thinking of maybe two pea

plants
in each bag, I just love them fresh! Would it be more practical to
put them in pots at the base of the frame work, if so, what size

pot?

Thanks ever so much for any help you can give me!

There's several folk in here that have peas in their compost heap - so
you go ahead and have peas in your growbag.
;-)

--
ned

Old 15-05-2003, 08:44 PM
ned

Charlie wrote:
Do you think they would take over the tomato plants though and steal
all the nutrients?

Interesting point. As I recall, peas do not have as extensive a root
system as tomatoes but, .....regular feeds of Tomorite, or whatever,
might change all that.
You could end up with a tale of 'Charlie and the pea stalk'.
'Think you might have to experiment.

--
ned

Old 16-05-2003, 06:56 AM
Charlie

I've decided to put a few in the soil of the greenhouse behind the grow bags
and a few in the grow bags. If they get too mischievous I'll take them
out...

Charlie.