Old 19-05-2003, 12:05 AM
William Tasso

Default What can I grow in my cracks?

Natalie wrote:
I tend to have more success with stuff that self seeds than anything
I plant ;-)

Ain't that always the way sigh
--
William Tasso

Old 19-05-2003, 06:22 AM

Grovelands Garden Centre near Reading (Berkshire) sell Corsican mint.

(Rodger Whitlock) wrote in message ...
On 17 May 2003 17:40:09 GMT, Newbie Gardener wrote:

The dandelions seem to thrive there but are there any other plants which would
be happy with so little soil?

I recommend Nierembergia rivularis. Hose out some cracks, then
drop short lengths of the root into each one and wait. Ideal
conditions for this plant that is distinctly unhappy in the open
garden.

Old 19-05-2003, 10:56 AM
Victoria Clare

Jane Ransom wrote in news:37QHRBA
:

In article , R
writes
I saw a nice herb in my local garden centre that is ideal for paving
cracks. Its called Corsican Mint and smells nice when trodden on.

Is that also called Mentha?
If so, it will spread everywhere and it is so tiny it is difficult to
weed out - a bit like an aromatic MYOB

Maybe that is a more robust variety - I had some Corsican mint, but it was
distinctly unhappy in my sunny well-drained paving. I think it would have
preferred somewhere damper, and eventually it vanished away.

Victoria

Old 19-05-2003, 10:57 AM
Tim

On Mon, 19 May 2003 10:10:23 +0100, Victoria Clare
wrote:

Jane Ransom wrote in news:37QHRBA
:

In article , R
writes
I saw a nice herb in my local garden centre that is ideal for paving
cracks. Its called Corsican Mint and smells nice when trodden on.

Is that also called Mentha?
If so, it will spread everywhere and it is so tiny it is difficult to
weed out - a bit like an aromatic MYOB

Maybe that is a more robust variety - I had some Corsican mint, but it
was distinctly unhappy in my sunny well-drained paving. I think it would
have preferred somewhere damper, and eventually it vanished away.

Victoria

I once had success with a dwarf camomile. Very tough. Tim.