Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-05-2003, 09:44 AM
Colin Davidson

Default Jerusalem Artichoke Advice?

Dear All,

I'm growing Jerusalem artichokes for the first time this year. They seem to
be doing really well, they're about a foot tall and showing no signs of
slowing. What do I need to do to them? Do I need to support the growing
plant with a cane like I would with a sunflower? Do I earth them up to
improve yield like with spuds? When do I harvest them, and how seriosuly do
I need to worry about them becoming a weed?

Cheers in advance,

Colin.