Old 18-06-2003, 08:44 AM
Jason Hall

Default Potatoes in compost heap

We have some potatoes growing out of our compost heap, I have just
pulled one up with the intention of adding the sproutings to the
compost and it has a lovely little potato on the end of it, how can I
tell when the rest of them will be ready to harvest? I have no idea
as to variety, they would have been supermarket bought.

Thanks

Jason

Old 19-06-2003, 12:32 AM
andrewpreece

If they are maincrop potatoes, then they will be ready later on in the
summer, maybe August, the leaves tend to go yellow at this point,
if memory serves me right.

Andy

"Jason Hall" wrote in message
We have some potatoes growing out of our compost heap, I have just
pulled one up with the intention of adding the sproutings to the
compost and it has a lovely little potato on the end of it, how can I
tell when the rest of them will be ready to harvest? I have no idea
as to variety, they would have been supermarket bought.

Thanks

Jason

How can you re-use compost if you don't have a compost heap? BlackThumb Gardening 8 26-05-2012 01:12 PM
Compost Heap Gringo Gardening 14 08-04-2009 11:23 PM
Something Nasty behind the compost heap... Sad Sid United Kingdom 10 11-10-2003 04:22 AM
dog faeces can it be added to compost heap lee hudson United Kingdom 30 13-05-2003 06:08 PM
aquarium water on compost heap?? shannie United Kingdom 7 10-04-2003 11:08 PM