Old 29-06-2003, 12:08 PM
Simon Avery

Default Stihl FS400 strimmer

"Chris" wrote:

Hello Chris

C I probably bought the wrong one, the head I ordered has 4
C points, is that the right head for heavy material? The bloke
C in the shop said the head covers all types of material that
C I am likely to meet, theres also a head with 3 points and
C one almost like a circular saw blade which I assume is
C for heavy bramble type tree material.

3 or 4 is fine for heavy bramble, but will kick back more on thick
stems. 3 is supposed to be better in thin stuff as you can "swat" down
through it easier, but in practice I've found little difference in
use. Both are good multi-purpose blades.

Old 29-06-2003, 05:09 PM
Chris

"Simon Avery"

These pipes perish with age (don't know the model, unsure if it's a
new one or not). They perish most often at the nipple to the tank or
carb and the bodgers choice method of fixing it is to cut off the
split and reattach, which can make it shorter and tight.

They're generally quite interchangeable and most garden machinery
places will be able to replace it out of stock if you take the old one
in (and mention you need it a few mm longer).

Hi Simon,
Thanks for the replies, I managed to get it sorted in the end.

Chris