Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2003, 12:07 PM
MrPhixIt

Default Balcony gardener seeking advice

Hi all.. I've recently started thinking about growing some plants for use
in cooking..stuff like basil and coriander and tomatos.

I live in a 2nd floor flat so don't have a garden, but I have a little
balcony
with a concrete planter which I'd like to fill up with compost and use to
grow my plants in. I was wondering if this would be suitable for growing
larger plants such as tomatos as it's quite small and only gets direct
sunlight in the afternoon from around mid day onwards.

Here is a picture of my balcony:

http://amorphix.idnetuk.com/images/p...es/balcony.jpg

Is it too late in the year to grow tomatos now? Can any gardeners offer
any suggestions on what type of vegetables or herbs might be best to
grow in these conditions?

I know nothing about gardening so would appreciate any advice.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Morphix