Old 21-07-2003, 09:37 PM
shazzbat

Default bathroom fern

Hi all,

We have a fern in our bathroom window which is exhibiting what I consider
strange behaviour. (not the first instance of this in the bathroom, but I
digress).

Anyway, I don't know exactly what fern it is, but it seems fairly typical
fern style, i.e. it has fronds which unroll into "leaves", which have
leaflets arranged alternately along the midrib.

For the last few weeks it has been putting out some form of shoot, which
starts off as very light green at the growing tip, then darker green, then
brown at the oldest part. But all these shoots are heading *AWAY* from the
light, even the ones which emerge closest to the window are doing a U turn
and heading into the room. What's going on here?

TIA

Steve

repost; URGENTt!!Fern People!!! can someone save my fern?? meee Australia 3 15-10-2005 09:36 AM
More on Orchids in bathroom...... RM Orchids 6 10-06-2004 01:12 PM
Plant suggestions for bathroom? [email protected] Gardening 14 30-05-2004 02:03 AM
ants in the bathroom Richard Australia 1 12-11-2003 09:02 PM
Bathroom Flange BenignVanilla Ponds 6 26-04-2003 12:56 PM