Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25-07-2003, 07:44 PM
Jani

Default Help with apples?

Hi everyone,

'Scuse me dropping in unannounced, but I've baffled the people on
uk.religion.pagan, and they've sent me over here to the experts :-)

There's an apple tree down the road, planted presumably by the council years
ago, and since no-one ever makes any use of the crop I thought I wouldn't
let it go to waste this year. Anyways, I nabbed one of the apples the other
day to see if they were ripe, and I'm not sure what I've got here. It has
pinkish flesh near the core and the pips are the most gorgeous crimson
colour - admittedly my experience of apples is confined to the fruit and veg
section at Morrisons, but I've never seen apples with red pips before.

The fruit started off with dark, shiny burgundy-coloured skin and as they
grew, that gave way to much rougher yellowish-greenish-brown skin. They're
about the size of a Cox's pippin, don't have much flavour, and a sort of
soft woody texture.

Can anyone help? I've no idea what they are, apart from "some sort of apple"

Thanks

Jani

Apples Bill726 Gardening 1 24-02-2003 05:15 AM
Cox's apples sparky United Kingdom 9 14-01-2003 07:54 PM
Disfigured bramley apples. Johnathan United Kingdom 2 17-11-2002 10:28 AM
Family apples (was Herb usage?) Big Al United Kingdom 1 24-10-2002 06:18 PM
Apples again anton United Kingdom 3 22-10-2002 11:44 PM