Old 26-07-2003, 06:35 PM
Jim W

Default 2 piccies Capel Summer Show - London

Jim W wrote:

Anyone else here going to the Capel Summer Show? I hope to be going
next weekend...
www.capel.ac.uk

http://www.capel.ac.uk/Specialevents/Summer_Show.htm
//
Jim

And very nice it was too;-)...

No rain this morning.. Picked up a hardy fuchsia 'Amy's Imp' among other
things... its rather nice.
http://tinyurl.com/i4z5
And saw an Itea ilicifolia in full flower.. I want one;-)
http://tinyurl.com/i4z6

That and spent just under 35 quid on plants.. Damn how do you tame this
habit:-)))

//
Jim
Old 27-07-2003, 05:05 PM
Rod

"Jim W" wrote in message news:1fyprqs.x5o10uh9do5lN%00senetnospamtodayta@ma cunlimited.net...
Jim W wrote:

And saw an Itea ilicifolia in full flower.. I want one;-)
http://tinyurl.com/i4z6

Duh, I thought you were going to tell us somebody was offering them for sale. Been trying to get one for years.

Rod

Old 27-07-2003, 09:43 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "Rod" contains these words:

Jim W wrote:

And saw an Itea ilicifolia in full flower.. I want one;-)
http://tinyurl.com/i4z6

Duh, I thought you were going to tell us somebody was offering them
for sale. Been trying to get one for years.

Larch Cottage Nursery at Melkinthorpe lists them, Rod, and they do mail
order..though that would deprive you of the very great pleasure of a
prolonged visit there ( excellent lunch too, very close to M6 just south
of Penrith). Good service, and almost all the extraordinary range of
plants are propagated onsite. Drool-worthy catalogue is the size of a
chunky paperback.

Tel 01931 712404. email .
Website
www.larchcottagenurseries.com

Brodick Castle's garden nursery on Arran also has home-propagated I.i
in stock atm..they don't do mail order though.

Janet

Old 28-07-2003, 03:15 PM
Jim W

Rod wrote:

Duh, I thought you were going to tell us somebody was offering them for
sale. Been trying to get one for years.

Rod

Try the 53 nurseries listed in the plantfinder..
//
Jim
Old 28-07-2003, 09:39 PM
Rod

"Jim W" wrote in message
news:1fyrm6c.17f1fmmj80l14N%00senetnospamtodayta@m acunlimited.net...
Rod wrote:

Duh, I thought you were going to tell us somebody was offering them for
sale. Been trying to get one for years.

Rod

Try the 53 nurseries listed in the plantfinder..
//

Wrist slapped - just not been trying hard enough ;~)))
Now where am I going to plant it?

Rod

Old 29-07-2003, 08:33 PM
Jim W

Rod wrote:

Duh, I thought you were going to tell us somebody was offering them for
sale. Been trying to get one for years.

Rod

Try the 53 nurseries listed in the plantfinder..
//

Wrist slapped - just not been trying hard enough ;~)))
Now where am I going to plant it?

Rod

Funnily I just realised that the woman down the road has got one of
these.. I will be asking her for propagation material the next time I
see her.. Strange how you notice things when you've seen them once!!
//
Jim

Piccies Spartacus Orchids 30 17-04-2004 10:04 PM
Anyone going to the Capel show this weekend? Jim W United Kingdom 0 30-03-2004 11:02 AM
Capel Summer Show - London Jim W United Kingdom 0 19-07-2003 12:23 AM
Ally pally garden show (Piccies link) Jim W United Kingdom 5 06-05-2003 08:44 PM
London Orchid Society Show Bob Betts Orchids 2 04-03-2003 08:15 PM