Old 28-07-2003, 08:23 AM
Darkginger

Default Irritating Neighbour's Water Feature

Essjay001 wrote in message
PJ wrote:

I think if I am to approach them buying them a time-switch might be
the best idea.

Unless they think you are offering charity

Steve R

Right now I would kill to have nothing more than trickling water going on
next door. What I actually do have is one group of builders constructing a
garage over the road from us - they have the radio up full blast, and I was
able to 'sing-a-long' with a full Catholic Mass last week (we're in
Ireland), overlayed with high volume cussing and blinding á la builders
everywhere. Made a nice accompaniment to my gardening efforts! At the same
time, a house is being built in the field next to my bedroom by another
neighbour, who keeps his council-owned JCB on the site, and starts it up
every morning - this morning at 6.45 - to drive it off to work, then comes
back around 6 pm to work on his own house - sometimes until 11.45 at night!

Complain? Not blinkin' likely - the same neighbour didn't say a word during
the time we had 4 cockerels last year, and has never once complained about
our 4 dogs and their occasional barking fits. (I can understand why they
haven't complained about poo from our 3 cats, too - cos their 'garden' is
full of cows, and any contribution the kitties make is somewhat
overwhelmed!) I hope this state of harmony continues when I install a water
feature sometime next year! Believe me, at 6.45 this morning, I was
considering a mini-Niagra, surrounded by wind-chimes, but I'll probably
settle for something small, and quiet!

I just keep telling myself 'this too shall pass'!

Jo

---

Mossies in water feature Teddy Australia 19 05-12-2004 01:09 AM
How to be an irritating neighbour. Mich United Kingdom 128 20-08-2003 09:02 AM
Method running water from creek to garden water feature lee brown Gardening 1 23-04-2003 04:32 AM
Water feature gary linley Gardening 5 29-03-2003 04:56 AM
Water Feature gary linley Gardening 3 18-03-2003 10:32 AM