Old 22-08-2003, 10:22 PM
Stephen Howard

Default GW - Design

I've just discovered what I can call that part of the garden that
contains the remains of a corrugated iron shed, half a sawbench, an
old roll of roofing felt and what's left of a Hillman Minx ( with a
tree through it ).

It's now a 'Challenging Space'.

Regards,

http://www.shwoodwind.co.uk
Old 22-08-2003, 10:46 PM
Kate Morgan

I've just discovered what I can call that part of the garden that
contains the remains of a corrugated iron shed, half a sawbench, an
old roll of roofing felt and what's left of a Hillman Minx ( with a
tree through it ).

It's now a 'Challenging Space'.

Regards,

LOL. you could exhibit at next years Chelsea, I bet you would win :-)

kate
Old 23-08-2003, 08:12 AM
David Hill

I've just discovered what I can call that part of the garden that
contains the remains of a corrugated iron shed, half a sawbench, an
old roll of roofing felt and what's left of a Hillman Minx ( with a
tree through it ).

It's now a 'Challenging Space'.

Regards,

LOL. you could exhibit at next years Chelsea, I bet you would win :-)

Not with a Hillman Minx, should be a Morris Minor or Traveller

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 23-08-2003, 08:43 AM
Franz Heymann

"Stephen Howard" wrote in message

I've just discovered what I can call that part of the garden that
contains the remains of a corrugated iron shed, half a sawbench, an
old roll of roofing felt and what's left of a Hillman Minx ( with a
tree through it ).

It's now a 'Challenging Space'.

A true modern gardener would arrange to have it displayed at Chelsea.

Franz

Old 23-08-2003, 09:13 AM
JennyC

"Stephen Howard" wrote in message

I've just discovered what I can call that part of the garden that
contains the remains of a corrugated iron shed, half a sawbench, an
old roll of roofing felt and what's left of a Hillman Minx ( with a
tree through it ).

It's now a 'Challenging Space'.

Regards, Stephen Howard

LOL !!

But I did like a lot of the things they showed in the program. And I
find Chris Beardshaw gets better and better as a presenter :~)

Jenny

Old 23-08-2003, 09:22 AM
Kate Morgan

But I did like a lot of the things they showed in the program. And I
find Chris Beardshaw gets better and better as a presenter :~)

Jenny

I stopped watching gardening progs. am I missing out?

kate
Old 23-08-2003, 12:12 PM
JennyC

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message

But I did like a lot of the things they showed in the program. And

find Chris Beardshaw gets better and better as a presenter :~)
Jenny

I stopped watching gardening progs. am I missing out?
kate

I too stopped for a while as I could not stand the sight or sound of
AlanT any longer - Both GW and Ground Force became sooooooooo awful in
the end.

BUT the new set up with Chris Beardshaw's progs and Monty Don
presenting Gardeners World has drawn me back to the telly on a Friday
evening. All they need to do now is to get rid of the de Thame person
:~))))

Jenny

Old 23-08-2003, 02:22 PM
Stephen Howard

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 08:02:44 +0100, "David Hill"
wrote:

I've just discovered what I can call that part of the garden that
contains the remains of a corrugated iron shed, half a sawbench, an
old roll of roofing felt and what's left of a Hillman Minx ( with a
tree through it ).

It's now a 'Challenging Space'.

Regards,

LOL. you could exhibit at next years Chelsea, I bet you would win :-)

Not with a Hillman Minx, should be a Morris Minor or Traveller

Ahh well, y'see, that's the intrinsic beauty of it - the 'client' can
pick the car of their choice.. in a whole range of colours and
options.

I'm thinking that VW Beetles might be popular on the south coast, BMWs
in central London, and Ford 1600E Cortinas in Essex.

Regards,

www.shwoodwind.co.uk
Old 23-08-2003, 04:02 PM
Mich

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message

But I did like a lot of the things they showed in the program. And I
find Chris Beardshaw gets better and better as a presenter :~)

Jenny

I stopped watching gardening progs. am I missing out?

Well frankly, I dont think you missed anything on last nights programme.
Turned the thing off half way through , I was bored!

I had thought GW was getting a little better when the BBC appeared to
"listen" an put Monty Don in as presenter, ( although I had my doubts when
they did it)
but last night just reinforced my previous opinion - moving more towards
the Homefront in the Garden clone type programme, but with a different
presenter.

Old 24-08-2003, 08:12 PM
BridgeP

old roll of roofing felt and what's left of a Hillman Minx ( with a
tree through it ).

It's now a 'Challenging Space'.

Regards,

LOL. you could exhibit at next years Chelsea, I bet you would win :-)

Not with a Hillman Minx, should be a Morris Minor or Traveller

Ahh well, y'see, that's the intrinsic beauty of it - the 'client' can
pick the car of their choice.. in a whole range of colours and
options.

I'm thinking that VW Beetles might be popular on the south coast, BMWs
in central London, and Ford 1600E Cortinas in Essex.

Or with an early model Land Rover (or Austin Champ) in deepest darkest
Herefordshire. The trouble is, the cost of those items alone would be a major
part of the budget!

Peter Bridge
Old 24-08-2003, 08:42 PM
Kate Morgan

snip
Or with an early model Land Rover (or Austin Champ) in deepest darkest
Herefordshire. The trouble is, the cost of those items alone would be a major
part of the budget!

Peter Bridge

Oh a Landy without any doubt, we do have a metro that has been sitting
in the drive for months if anyone wants it!
kate
Old 24-08-2003, 09:02 PM
Rusty Hinge

The message
from Kate Morgan contains these words:

I stopped watching gardening progs. am I missing out?

I stopped watching the haunted fishtank around 1970. Am I missing owt?

--
Rusty http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm
horrid·squeak snailything zetnet·co·uk exchange d.p. with p to
Old 24-08-2003, 09:02 PM
Rusty Hinge

The message
from Stephen Howard contains these words:

Not with a Hillman Minx, should be a Morris Minor or Traveller

Ahh well, y'see, that's the intrinsic beauty of it - the 'client' can
pick the car of their choice.. in a whole range of colours and
options.

I'm thinking that VW Beetles might be popular on the south coast, BMWs
in central London, and Ford 1600E Cortinas in Essex.

And a 4x4 in Chealsah.