Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-08-2003, 10:02 AM
Kate Morgan

Default struggling to make a living

A young couple I know have a organic smallholding, fruit and veg.and cut
flowers.They live in Gloucestershire very near the Vale of Evesham,
maybe that is not a good place to be for starters, anyway they are
really struggling to make ends meet, no time for trialing new products
etc.etc. Is this the same for most organic smallholders, are there no
grants to help young peeps trying to make a living, it does seem a shame
if they have to give up. They do do veg.and fruit boxes but there is not
much to be made in that.

kate