Old 30-09-2003, 09:09 PM
martin

Default How do you get rid of snails?

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 20:12:24 +0100, Jaques d'Altrades
wrote:

The message
from martin contains these words:
On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 16:02:13 +0100, Jaques d'Altrades
wrote:
The message
from iljunk (Pen Phill) contains these words:

Subject: How do you get rid of snails?

We eats the tasty little beggars over ere!

Yes, but only up to a certain age, or they are like garlic-flavoured
indiarubber.

What do you do with the old ones?

race them.

Yes, I can run as fast as that, and I've got a game leg....

three legged or human race?
--
Martin

Old 30-09-2003, 09:46 PM
Larry Stoter

martin wrote:

snips ....

There's something illogical about this. There is absolutely no
shortage of snails here. There is no chalk within 2oo miles of here
and there are no glowworms in our garden.

But what about all that bonemeal you put on the garden? Or your concrete
driveway?

Snails must be getting calcium from somewhere to make shells.
--
Larry Stoter

Old 01-10-2003, 08:22 AM
Kay Easton

In article , Larry
Stoter writes

Glow Worms mainly eat snails - strange but true. This is why, so I
understand, that you usually only find glow worms in chalk/limestone
areas because such areas have many more snails because of the greater
availablity of calcium for making shells.

I wish someone would tell my snails they're not meant to be here!

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: