Old 06-10-2003, 04:02 PM
Jaques d'Altrades

Default Squirrel Digging Up Bulbs

The message
from Jane Ransom contains these words:

Er . . . and who *are* you?

Obviously a scaredy, scaredy, custard

Someone who is frightened of coming out and saying what he/she thinks in
an accountable manner!

Don't feed the trolls Jane. If you have a rockeryin your garden, turn
over a few stones and you'll probably find him.

--
Rusty Hinge
horrid·squeak&zetnet·co·uk
Old 06-10-2003, 04:22 PM
martin

On Mon, 6 Oct 2003 11:40:10 +0100, Jaques d'Altrades
wrote:

The message
from Jane Ransom contains these words:

Er . . . and who *are* you?

Obviously a scaredy, scaredy, custard

Someone who is frightened of coming out and saying what he/she thinks in
an accountable manner!

Don't feed the trolls Jane. If you have a rockeryin your garden, turn
over a few stones and you'll probably find him.

and don't kiss him he won't turn into a beautiful prince.
--
Martin
Old 06-10-2003, 04:34 PM
Franz Heymann

"Jane Ransom" wrote in message
In article m,
?@?.? writes
Completely wrong again Fritz. Yes the greys will occupy suitable
territory vacated by reds, they do NOT displace reds. The greys suffer
because they are far more adaptable than the reds, they suffer because
ignorant pricks like you blame them incorrectly for the decline of the
reds, the same prick who would blame magpie for the decline of
songbirds, born of ignorance & borne of ignorance.

Er . . . and who *are* you?

Obviously a scaredy, scaredy, custard

Someone who is frightened of coming out and saying what he/she thinks in
an accountable manner!

Jane, this little twittule is not worth replying to.

Franz

Old 06-10-2003, 04:45 PM

On Mon, 6 Oct 2003 15:29:49 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"Jane Ransom" wrote in message
In article m,
?@?.? writes
Completely wrong again Fritz. Yes the greys will occupy suitable
territory vacated by reds, they do NOT displace reds. The greys suffer
because they are far more adaptable than the reds, they suffer because
ignorant pricks like you blame them incorrectly for the decline of the
reds, the same prick who would blame magpie for the decline of
songbirds, born of ignorance & borne of ignorance.

Er . . . and who *are* you?

Obviously a scaredy, scaredy, custard

Someone who is frightened of coming out and saying what he/she thinks in
an accountable manner!

Jane, this little twittule is not worth replying to.

Franz

The things a kraut will do for attention.

I did not mention the war.

. . . . . . . .

The facts expressed here belong to everybody,
the opinions to me.
The distinction is yours to draw...

/( )`
\ \___ / |
/- _ `-/ '
(/\/ \ \ /\
/ / | ` \
O O ) / |
`-^--'` '
(_.) _ ) /
`.___/` /
`-----' /
----. __ / __ \
----|====O)))==) \) /====
----' `--' `.__,' \
| |
\ /
______( (_ / \______
,' ,-----' | \
`--{__________) \/

I'm a horny devil when riled.

pete who?

-=[ Grim Reaper ]=- 6/97

.""--.._
[] `'--.._
||__ `'-,
`)||_ ```'--.. \
_ /|//} ``--._ |
.'` `'. /////} `\/
/ .""".\ //{///
/ /_ _`\\ // `||
| |(_)(_)|| _// ||
| | /\ )| _///\ ||
| |L====J | / |/ | ||
/ /'-..-' / .'` \ | ||
/ | :: | |_.-` | \ ||
/| `\-::.| | \ | ||
/` `| / | | | / ||
|` \ | / / \ | ||
| `\_| |/ ,.__. \ | ||
/ /` `\ || ||
| . / \|| ||
| | |/ ||
/ / | ( ||
/ . / ) ||
| \ | ||
/ | / ||
|\ / | ||
\ `-._ | / ||
\ ,//`\ /` | ||
///\ \ | \ ||
|||| ) |__/ | ||
|||| `.( | ||
`\\` /` / ||
/` / ||
jgs / | ||
| \ ||
/ | ||
/` \ ||
/` | ||
`-.___,-. .-. ___,' ||
`---'` `'----'`
I need a drink, feel all giddy...hic!
Old 06-10-2003, 04:45 PM
martin

On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 15:34:24 GMT, "" wrote:

The things a kraut will do for attention.

Are you a kraut?

I did not mention the war.

You just did.
--
Martin

Old 06-10-2003, 05:02 PM

On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 17:40:15 +0200, martin wrote:

On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 15:34:24 GMT, "" wrote:

The things a kraut will do for attention.

Are you a kraut?

He is.

I did not mention the war.

You just did.

Google calls you a liar. £1000 for each message id showing I did.

. . . . . . . .

The facts expressed here belong to everybody,
the opinions to me.
The distinction is yours to draw...

/( )`
\ \___ / |
/- _ `-/ '
(/\/ \ \ /\
/ / | ` \
O O ) / |
`-^--'` '
(_.) _ ) /
`.___/` /
`-----' /
----. __ / __ \
----|====O)))==) \) /====
----' `--' `.__,' \
| |
\ /
______( (_ / \______
,' ,-----' | \
`--{__________) \/

I'm a horny devil when riled.

pete who?

-=[ Grim Reaper ]=- 6/97

.""--.._
[] `'--.._
||__ `'-,
`)||_ ```'--.. \
_ /|//} ``--._ |
.'` `'. /////} `\/
/ .""".\ //{///
/ /_ _`\\ // `||
| |(_)(_)|| _// ||
| | /\ )| _///\ ||
| |L====J | / |/ | ||
/ /'-..-' / .'` \ | ||
/ | :: | |_.-` | \ ||
/| `\-::.| | \ | ||
/` `| / | | | / ||
|` \ | / / \ | ||
| `\_| |/ ,.__. \ | ||
/ /` `\ || ||
| . / \|| ||
| | |/ ||
/ / | ( ||
/ . / ) ||
| \ | ||
/ | / ||
|\ / | ||
\ `-._ | / ||
\ ,//`\ /` | ||
///\ \ | \ ||
|||| ) |__/ | ||
|||| `.( | ||
`\\` /` / ||
/` / ||
jgs / | ||
| \ ||
/ | ||
/` \ ||
/` | ||
`-.___,-. .-. ___,' ||
`---'` `'----'`
I need a drink, feel all giddy...hic!
Old 06-10-2003, 05:02 PM
martin

On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 15:42:46 GMT, "" wrote:

On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 17:40:15 +0200, martin wrote:

On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 15:34:24 GMT, "" wrote:

The things a kraut will do for attention.

Are you a kraut?

He is.

Liar

I did not mention the war.

You just did.

Google calls you a liar. £1000 for each message id showing I did.

There's one mention on this page
--
Martin
Old 06-10-2003, 05:02 PM
Victoria Clare

(Rodger Whitlock) wrote in
:

Your red squirrels are natives, while the grays are introduced
from North America. I don't know for sure about *your* red
squirrels, but our little Vancouver Island red squirrels are very
shy. intensely territorial, and have low population densities.
(In over 30 years, I've seen one about five times.)

The colony in the pine woods up near Formby are very tame and easy to spot,
and there are usually several hanging about near the car parks. I've seen
them rummaging in bins and taking bits of icecream cone from tourists. I
don't know if they are a nuisance to local gardeners or not.

I think there some truth in the 'valued because rare' theory. Plus, red
squirrels look cuter than grey ones. (though I actually think that grey
squirrels, and indeed rats, too, can be cute in an appropriate situation).

Victoria
Old 06-10-2003, 05:32 PM

On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 17:48:27 +0200, martin wrote:

On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 15:42:46 GMT, "" wrote:

On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 17:40:15 +0200, martin wrote:

On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 15:34:24 GMT, "" wrote:

The things a kraut will do for attention.

Are you a kraut?

He is.

Liar

I did not mention the war.

You just did.

Google calls you a liar. £1000 for each message id showing I did.

There's one mention on this page

Will you be boring us all day?

. . . . . . . .

The facts expressed here belong to everybody,
the opinions to me.
The distinction is yours to draw...

/( )`
\ \___ / |
/- _ `-/ '
(/\/ \ \ /\
/ / | ` \
O O ) / |
`-^--'` '
(_.) _ ) /
`.___/` /
`-----' /
----. __ / __ \
----|====O)))==) \) /====
----' `--' `.__,' \
| |
\ /
______( (_ / \______
,' ,-----' | \
`--{__________) \/

I'm a horny devil when riled.

pete who?

-=[ Grim Reaper ]=- 6/97

.""--.._
[] `'--.._
||__ `'-,
`)||_ ```'--.. \
_ /|//} ``--._ |
.'` `'. /////} `\/
/ .""".\ //{///
/ /_ _`\\ // `||
| |(_)(_)|| _// ||
| | /\ )| _///\ ||
| |L====J | / |/ | ||
/ /'-..-' / .'` \ | ||
/ | :: | |_.-` | \ ||
/| `\-::.| | \ | ||
/` `| / | | | / ||
|` \ | / / \ | ||
| `\_| |/ ,.__. \ | ||
/ /` `\ || ||
| . / \|| ||
| | |/ ||
/ / | ( ||
/ . / ) ||
| \ | ||
/ | / ||
|\ / | ||
\ `-._ | / ||
\ ,//`\ /` | ||
///\ \ | \ ||
|||| ) |__/ | ||
|||| `.( | ||
`\\` /` / ||
/` / ||
jgs / | ||
| \ ||
/ | ||
/` \ ||
/` | ||
`-.___,-. .-. ___,' ||
`---'` `'----'`
I need a drink, feel all giddy...hic!
Old 06-10-2003, 10:40 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from martin contains these words:

wrote:

Don't feed the trolls Jane. If you have a rockeryin your garden, turn
over a few stones and you'll probably find him.

and don't kiss him he won't turn into a beautiful prince.

How do you know that, Martin?

Janet

Old 07-10-2003, 07:02 PM
Alan Holmes

"Victoria Clare" wrote in message
.206...
(Rodger Whitlock) wrote in
:

Your red squirrels are natives, while the grays are introduced
from North America. I don't know for sure about *your* red
squirrels, but our little Vancouver Island red squirrels are very
shy. intensely territorial, and have low population densities.
(In over 30 years, I've seen one about five times.)

The colony in the pine woods up near Formby are very tame and easy to

spot,
and there are usually several hanging about near the car parks. I've seen
them rummaging in bins and taking bits of icecream cone from tourists. I
don't know if they are a nuisance to local gardeners or not.

I think there some truth in the 'valued because rare' theory. Plus, red
squirrels look cuter than grey ones. (though I actually think that grey
squirrels, and indeed rats, too, can be cute in an appropriate situation).

The only 'cute' situation I can imagine either being nice in is stuffed!(:-)

Alan

Old 09-10-2003, 10:13 PM
Dave Liquorice

On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 18:58:37 +0200, martin wrote:

So if reds do know harm what do they live on?

I don't think any animal knows that it is doing harm, it's just
surviving using the means to which it is best adapted.

As for what Red Squirrels live on a *very* quick dig on the web gave
this:

http://www.swt.org.uk/what_we_do/species/squirrel.asp

and the links from that page.

--