Old 04-10-2003, 05:59 PM
Registered User

Location: Lancashire
Angry Slugs !!!!!!!!

PLEASE PLEASE
Can someone tell me a way to get rid of slugs that really works
their eating everything in my garden , and nothing works eg
grit, egg shell, pellets, what am i missing?
Old 04-10-2003, 06:42 PM
Geo

Default Slugs !!!!!!!!

On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 17:00:01 GMT, anita
wrote:

what am i missing?

Flock of hungry birds?
Geo
Old 04-10-2003, 08:22 PM
bnd777

s.com...
--
anita

Encourage a major bird population especially Thrushes

Old 04-10-2003, 08:22 PM
Franz Heymann

"anita" wrote in message
s.com...
PLEASE PLEASE
Can someone tell me a way to get rid of slugs that really works
their eating everything in my garden , and nothing works eg
grit, egg shell, pellets, what am i missing?

I have never before heard of pellets which do not work. Are they actually
metaldehyde pellets, or are they some substitute?

Franz

Old 04-10-2003, 11:51 PM
Alan Gabriel

"anita" wrote in message
s.com...
PLEASE PLEASE
Can someone tell me a way to get rid of slugs that really works
their eating everything in my garden , and nothing works eg
grit, egg shell, pellets, what am i missing?

Go out at night with a torch and a bucket, especially after rain.

Collect the offending beasts in the bucket and sprinkle liberally with salt.

Repeat this nightly until the frosts.

Start again in Spring.

--
Regards,
Alan.

Preserve wildlife - Pickle a SQUIRREL to reply.

Old 05-10-2003, 11:22 AM
William Tasso

anita wrote:
PLEASE PLEASE
Can someone tell me a way to get rid of slugs that really works
their eating everything in my garden , and nothing works eg
grit, egg shell, pellets, what am i missing?

Encourage predators - it's a major undertaking and means you must stop using
poisons but it's worth it. In the mean-time, the torch and bucket routine -
as suggested by Alan Gould - will yield splendid results.

--
William Tasso

Old 05-10-2003, 02:02 PM
martin

On Sat, 4 Oct 2003 23:12:14 +0100, "Alan Gabriel"
wrote:

"anita" wrote in message
ws.com...
PLEASE PLEASE
Can someone tell me a way to get rid of slugs that really works
their eating everything in my garden , and nothing works eg
grit, egg shell, pellets, what am i missing?

Go out at night with a torch and a bucket, especially after rain.

Collect the offending beasts in the bucket and sprinkle liberally with salt.

fry with garlic, serve with a dry white wine?
--
Martin
Old 05-10-2003, 04:13 PM
Derek Turner

wrote:

PLEASE PLEASE
Can someone tell me a way to get rid of slugs that really works
their eating everything in my garden , and nothing works eg
grit, egg shell, pellets, what am i missing?

hens!
--
Derek Turner

Outlook Express is worth precisely what you paid for it.

Old 05-10-2003, 05:42 PM
Jaques d'Altrades

The message
from emon (Rhiannon S) contains these words:

Oooh, time for repost for su

http://bertc.com/slug_fritters.htm

and

http://bertc.com/garden_snails.htm#x

Thank you for that. I'll keep the recipes for when I serve my (black)
nightshade pie.

--
Rusty Hinge
horrid·squeak&zetnet·co·uk
Old 05-10-2003, 09:22 PM
Registered User

Location: Lancashire

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaques d'Altrades
The message
from emon (Rhiannon S) contains these words:

Oooh, time for repost for su

http://bertc.com/slug_fritters.htm

and

http://bertc.com/garden_snails.htm#x

Thank you for that. I'll keep the recipes for when I serve my (black)
nightshade pie.

--
Rusty Hinge
horrid·squeak&zetnet·co·uk

You guys are mad!!!!!!
Thanks for the advice .
The neigbours will think i am up to no good out at night with a torch.

Anita X
Old 06-10-2003, 12:08 AM
Mark B

wrote:

"anita" wrote in message
ws.com...
PLEASE PLEASE
Can someone tell me a way to get rid of slugs that really works
their eating everything in my garden , and nothing works eg
grit, egg shell, pellets, what am i missing?

Go out at night with a torch and a bucket, especially after rain.

Collect the offending beasts in the bucket and sprinkle liberally with

salt.

fry with garlic, serve with a dry white wine?

Don't you mean Whisky? I've heard of a 'slug of whisky' but not of wine.

mark b