Old 10-10-2003, 02:02 PM
Shannie

Default 'margaret' or 'mother'

My mum died a couple of weeks ago and I would very much like to plant
something in my garden in her memory, something like a tree or shrub, not a
rose. Something that will put up with all the vagaries of our Irish weather
and will possibly have year round interest. Also, is there any kind of plant
slong those lines that has the name margaret or mother in the title.

Thanks Shannie

Old 10-10-2003, 02:42 PM
Martin Sykes

"Shannie" wrote in message
My mum died a couple of weeks ago and I would very much like to plant
something in my garden in her memory, something like a tree or shrub, not

rose. Something that will put up with all the vagaries of our Irish

weather
and will possibly have year round interest. Also, is there any kind of

plant
slong those lines that has the name margaret or mother in the title.

Thanks Shannie

I've got a nice small azalea called 'Mother's Day'. It's doing fine here in
Cheshire. A search on the internet didn't turn up much else. Names seem to
get associated mostly with flowers. Maybe you'd do better to focus on
something that reminds you of her more than just her name?
--
Martin & Anna Sykes
( Remove x's when replying )

Old 10-10-2003, 06:12 PM
Iris McCanna

"Shannie" wrote in message
My mum died a couple of weeks ago and I would very much like to

plant
something in my garden in her memory, something like a tree or

shrub, not a
rose. Something that will put up with all the vagaries of our Irish

weather
and will possibly have year round interest. Also, is there any kind

of plant
slong those lines that has the name margaret or mother in the title.

Thanks Shannie

Shannie,

If you go on to the RHS website, link below, you will find a lot of
plants with either""Margaret" or "Mother" in the name:

http://www.rhs.org.uk/rhsplantfinder/plantfinder.asp

When I lost my Mum a few years ago I concentrated on her favourite
flowers. Even a certain perfume brings back memories.

HTH
Iris McCanna

Old 10-10-2003, 10:02 PM
jane

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 13:53:39 +0100, "Shannie"
wrote:

~My mum died a couple of weeks ago and I would very much like to plant
~something in my garden in her memory, something like a tree or shrub, not a
~rose. Something that will put up with all the vagaries of our Irish weather
~and will possibly have year round interest. Also, is there any kind of plant
~slong those lines that has the name margaret or mother in the title.
~
~Thanks Shannie
~
~

Oh Shannie, *HUGS*

There is a hardy fuchsia called Margaret.
Try he
http://www2.dicom.se/fuchsias/margaret.html

I can't google anywhere specific but here may just be able to help!
The Fuchsia Nursery, Ballinaboola, Wexford, Ph : 051-428252

If it's anything like the hardy fuchsias in my Dad's garden (edge of
Peak District, Derbyshire), it will end up a metre-diameter globe!
(And chances are, bigger as I suspect it's milder where you are)

best wishes

--
jane

Mark Twain

Old 12-10-2003, 12:32 PM
Chris Rowe

Sorry about your sad loss
I have a small Hebe called Margaret and its beautiful when in flower and
it's also evergreen about 3ft x 3ft
Hope this helps
Chris (second name Margaret)
wrote:

[...]

it's very cheap today, I'll taste wanly or Margaret will mould the films Roxanna J. Hart United Kingdom 0 23-07-2005 12:19 PM
where Margaret's blunt dust promises, Charlene learns through good, weak stables Lewd Rich Pansy United Kingdom 0 23-07-2005 11:33 AM
'margaret' or 'mother'---thanks Shannie United Kingdom 1 15-10-2003 01:43 PM
Margaret Merrill Shiva Roses 0 09-05-2003 05:56 AM
Margaret Merrill, was A-A-A- APHIDS!! And Buds! Shiva Roses 0 04-04-2003 09:20 PM