Old 22-10-2003, 01:33 PM
oldmolly

Default my new toy

I recently got off ebay.uk a weed wand. What a brill thing it is too. You
go about and singe nasty weeds lol. Great fun on a cold autumn afternoon. I
cannot use weedkiller cos of my animals, ad have a big patch of horseradish,
and loads of stingy nettles to deal with. I looked all over and the one on
ebay was the cheapest at £15 ish. Must go and get another gas canister
tomorrow so I can play some more. The bloddy nettles have stung me all
summer, now I am getting my own back, hahahaha die you stingers
fizzzzzzzzz

Old 22-10-2003, 01:42 PM
martin

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 01:08:47 +0100, "oldmolly"
wrote:

I recently got off ebay.uk a weed wand. What a brill thing it is too. You
go about and singe nasty weeds lol. Great fun on a cold autumn afternoon. I
cannot use weedkiller cos of my animals, ad have a big patch of horseradish,
and loads of stingy nettles to deal with. I looked all over and the one on
ebay was the cheapest at £15 ish. Must go and get another gas canister
tomorrow so I can play some more. The bloddy nettles have stung me all
summer, now I am getting my own back, hahahaha die you stingers
fizzzzzzzzz

Napalm next?

--
Martin
Old 22-10-2003, 03:02 PM
JennyC

wrote:

I recently got off ebay.uk a weed wand. What a brill thing it is

too. You
go about and singe nasty weeds lol. Great fun on a cold autumn

afternoon. I
cannot use weedkiller cos of my animals, ad have a big patch of

horseradish,
and loads of stingy nettles to deal with. I looked all over and the

one on
ebay was the cheapest at £15 ish. Must go and get another gas

canister
tomorrow so I can play some more. The bloddy nettles have stung me

all
summer, now I am getting my own back, hahahaha die you stingers
fizzzzzzzzz

Napalm next?
Martin

"I love the smell of napalm in the mornings".................

Jenny :~)

Old 22-10-2003, 03:12 PM
martin

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 15:59:19 +0200, "JennyC" wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

that's what living in ZH does to you :-)
--
Martin
Old 22-10-2003, 06:02 PM
Franz Heymann

"oldmolly" wrote in message

I recently got off ebay.uk a weed wand. What a brill thing it is too. You
go about and singe nasty weeds lol. Great fun on a cold autumn afternoon.

cannot use weedkiller cos of my animals, ad have a big patch of

horseradish,
and loads of stingy nettles to deal with. I looked all over and the one on
ebay was the cheapest at £15 ish. Must go and get another gas canister
tomorrow so I can play some more. The bloddy nettles have stung me all
summer, now I am getting my own back, hahahaha die you stingers
fizzzzzzzzz

Flame gunning is a sheer waste of time. The roots simply regrow.

Franz

Old 22-10-2003, 06:02 PM
martin

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 16:43:15 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

Flame gunning is a sheer waste of time. The roots simply regrow.

It's still very satisfying :-)
--
Martin
Old 22-10-2003, 06:43 PM
Franz Heymann

wrote:

Flame gunning is a sheer waste of time. The roots simply regrow.

It's still very satisfying :-)

True. I will admit to taking a blowlamp to the occasional weed to vent my
ire.

Franz

Old 22-10-2003, 07:15 PM
Registered User

Location: england

Quote:
Originally posted by Franz Heymann
wrote:

Flame gunning is a sheer waste of time. The roots simply regrow.

It's still very satisfying :-)

True. I will admit to taking a blowlamp to the occasional weed to vent my
ire.

Franz
Old Molly....when I went to get a new cannister, the screw thread size had changed.Wrote to Berlyn and Co., Lye, West Midlands to no avail. Down £15+, and anyway they don't work.OK for a quick fix.but weeds regrow.PARASENE WEED WAND.On ly used the thing about a month .
Old 23-10-2003, 12:02 AM
oldmolly

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"oldmolly" wrote in message

I recently got off ebay.uk a weed wand. What a brill thing it is too.

You
go about and singe nasty weeds lol. Great fun on a cold autumn

afternoon.
cannot use weedkiller cos of my animals, ad have a big patch of

horseradish,
and loads of stingy nettles to deal with. I looked all over and the one

on
ebay was the cheapest at £15 ish. Must go and get another gas canister
tomorrow so I can play some more. The bloddy nettles have stung me all
summer, now I am getting my own back, hahahaha die you stingers
fizzzzzzzzz

Flame gunning is a sheer waste of time. The roots simply regrow.

Not if you do it properly. The idea is simlpy to singe the top growth , you
have to do it more than once certainly, but eventually just as if you kept
cutting it, the root dies too. It is a recognised organic way to treat weeds
if you don't want to use chemicals.

Old 23-10-2003, 12:02 AM
oldmolly

"ken saunders" wrote in message
s.com...
wrote:

Flame gunning is a sheer waste of time. The roots simply regrow.

It's still very satisfying :-)

True. I will admit to taking a blowlamp to the occasional weed to
vent my
ire.

Franz *

Old Molly....when I went to get a new cannister, the screw thread size
had changed.Wrote to Berlyn and Co., Lye, West Midlands to no avail.
Down £15+, and anyway they don't work.OK for a quick fix.but weeds
regrow.PARASENE WEED WAND.On ly used the thing about a month .
--

You can get additional cannisters. I get mine locally. Yes you have to keep
singing them and eventually the root does die down, but it is a bit like

Old 23-10-2003, 07:12 AM
Natalie

Flame gunning is a sheer waste of time. The roots simply regrow.

Not if you do it properly. The idea is simlpy to singe the top growth ,

you
have to do it more than once certainly, but eventually just as if you kept
cutting it, the root dies too. It is a recognised organic way to treat

weeds
if you don't want to use chemicals.

Do you use it for the perennial weeds growing in the cracks in paths? We
have this problem at school and I'm getting extremely fed up pulling them by
hand and I am totally against using chemicals.. It is impossible to get all
the roots!

Natalie

Old 23-10-2003, 09:13 AM
martin

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 23:59:11 +0100, "oldmolly"
wrote:

You can get additional cannisters. I get mine locally. Yes you have to keep
singing them and eventually the root does die down, but it is a bit like
saying that lawnmowers are a waste of time because the grass keeps growing
:0)
A 70 year old friend of mine used one in his greenhouses for over 20 years
succesfully. They are great for sterilising sheds, starting bonfires and
other things too.

Pyromaniacs can't do without one...

I would not swap mine for anything."Here nettle nettle
nettle, mummy is going to punish you for stinging her" hehehe

:-)

cacklecackle shirley?
--
Martin
Old 23-10-2003, 10:02 AM
Franz Heymann

"Natalie" wrote in message

Flame gunning is a sheer waste of time. The roots simply regrow.

Not if you do it properly. The idea is simlpy to singe the top growth ,
you
have to do it more than once certainly, but eventually just as if you

kept
cutting it, the root dies too. It is a recognised organic way to treat

weeds
if you don't want to use chemicals.

Do you use it for the perennial weeds growing in the cracks in paths? We
have this problem at school and I'm getting extremely fed up pulling them

by
hand and I am totally against using chemicals.. It is impossible to get

all
the roots!

Natalie, you will be wasting your time. It is in precisely such an
application, namely to attempt to control weeds between the stones of a
terrace, that I came to the conclusion that the only good which comes from
it is the profit of the blowlamp and gas sellers.
Applying a glyphosate-based weedkiller involves almost no labour in
comparison with flame-gunning. It really kills the weeds stone dead, and
has no deleterious side effects, since it is effectively disabled almost
immediately after it enters the soil.

Franz

Old 23-10-2003, 10:02 AM
Franz Heymann

"oldmolly" wrote in message

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

[snip]

Flame gunning is a sheer waste of time. The roots simply regrow.

Not if you do it properly. The idea is simlpy to singe the top growth ,

you
have to do it more than once certainly, but eventually just as if you kept
cutting it, the root dies too. It is a recognised organic way to treat

weeds
if you don't want to use chemicals.

It does not work. Full stop. I have never managed to kill off a single
dandelion with a blowlamp, in spite of repeated attempts. Chemicals like
glyphosate do the trick quite neatly, with no known side effects worth
reporting on.

May I take it that you are consistent about your abhorrence of chemical
treatment of undesirable occurrences in biological systems and that you
therefore refuse to take "chemical" medicine which your doctor might
prescribe for you on occasion?

Franz

Old 23-10-2003, 02:02 PM
Christopher Norton

One of the easiest ways to get the barby going to is a blowtorch.

--
email farmer chris on
Please don`t use

strange rubbery tentacled root/toy found while weeding garden thething Gardening 1 12-04-2009 04:07 PM
New cat toy, or another way to waste battery life? -Lost Ponds 0 25-12-2007 08:13 PM
New toy Srgnt Billko Lawns 7 26-09-2007 10:47 PM
Tis better to be Gills "Chew Toy" than one of Roy "Tristain" Hauer's "SOCKS" Tristan Ponds 0 03-01-2007 02:39 PM
Tis better to be Gills "Chew Toy" than one of Carols Gulleys "SOCKS" Tristan Ponds 0 02-01-2007 10:57 PM