Old 17-11-2003, 09:23 PM
Jane Ransom

Default moss on driveway

In article , Nick Maclaren
writes

If I am just clearing a short walkway, as most people will be doing,
then "yes". Seriously.

Well, we are doing more than a short walkway!!!

| It takes far less effort than you might think, too,
|
| I know how long it takes me just to sweep the yard . . . and how much
| effort. I would *not* want to scrub it with a stiff broom!!!!!!!

Perhaps you need more exercise :-)

Oh God . . . not *more* exercise
An me wi mi dickie ip an orl (

| and I reckon
| to clear a couple of square metres per minute.
|
| I bet you do it in bare feet too!!!!!!

Not usually, because I wear boots in winter! I don't like the cold
much.

WOT!!??
Is cold worse than holly leaves and brambles?
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.

Old 17-11-2003, 09:23 PM
Jane Ransom

In article , martin
writes

The first is rumoured to be used for transport by some female posters

Nah . . . that sort's the wrong sort!!
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.

Old 18-11-2003, 08:32 AM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Jane Ransom writes:

| | and I reckon
| | to clear a couple of square metres per minute.
| |
| | I bet you do it in bare feet too!!!!!!
|
| Not usually, because I wear boots in winter! I don't like the cold
| much.
|
| WOT!!??
| Is cold worse than holly leaves and brambles?

Gods, YES! This horrible climate. Shudder.

Actually, the combination is worst. Cold feet lose sensation and
damage very easily.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 18-11-2003, 09:02 AM
martin

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 18:40:41 +0000, Jane Ransom
wrote:

In article , martin
writes

The first is rumoured to be used for transport by some female posters

Nah . . . that sort's the wrong sort!!

of female poser? :-)
--
Martin
Old 18-11-2003, 09:22 AM
martin

wrote:

In article , martin
writes

The first is rumoured to be used for transport by some female posters

Nah . . . that sort's the wrong sort!!

of female poser? :-)

Whoops! a freudian slip...
--
Martin

Old 18-11-2003, 11:03 PM
Michael Berridge

Franz Heymann wrote in message ...

Unless you are opposed to using chemicals, use something known as

hypo -
I think its correct name is sodium hypochlorite, but don't quote me.

very dilute solution watered on to the drive should keep it clear of
moss.

Be very careful if asking for that by the name 'hypo', many people would
think of Sodium Thiosulphite, well known as 'hypo' in photography
circles. Almost all commercially available bleaches are Sodium
hypochlorite, so anyone of those, diluted, will work, I just used to
water it on and leave it to dry and soak in.

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk

Old 19-11-2003, 03:32 PM
Franz Heymann

"Michael Berridge" wrote in message

Franz Heymann wrote in message ...

Unless you are opposed to using chemicals, use something known as

hypo -
I think its correct name is sodium hypochlorite, but don't quote me.

very dilute solution watered on to the drive should keep it clear of
moss.

Be very careful if asking for that by the name 'hypo', many people would
think of Sodium Thiosulphite,

Sodium thiosulphate.

well known as 'hypo' in photography
circles. Almost all commercially available bleaches are Sodium
hypochlorite, so anyone of those, diluted, will work, I just used to
water it on and leave it to dry and soak in.

Franz

Killing Driveway Green Moss Robert11 Lawns 4 02-05-2008 12:16 AM
Moss on Driveway Will United Kingdom 7 27-10-2005 06:09 PM
[IBC] Moss dressing pots was : culitvating moss on a large scale Kev Bailey Bonsai 2 20-07-2005 03:59 PM
Coarse gravel driveway Ron Kelly Australia 0 30-03-2003 12:56 AM
Coarse gravel driveway Joe Australia 1 28-03-2003 10:32 AM