Old 22-11-2003, 08:12 PM
Mike Tickle

Default herb fennel

Now that we are past the good weather I am unsure what to do with my herb
fennel. Do I just leave it and hope it re-grows in spring? Do I cut it
back? If so how much?

It is also attracting a load of greenfly so I am tempted to cut it back.

Mike

Old 22-11-2003, 10:22 PM
martin

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 20:05:41 GMT, "Mike Tickle"
wrote:

Now that we are past the good weather I am unsure what to do with my herb
fennel.

The Italians think it is an aphrododisiac, because of it's shape.

Do I just leave it and hope it re-grows in spring? Do I cut it
back? If so how much?

It is also attracting a load of greenfly

and Italians?
--
Martin
Old 23-11-2003, 12:13 AM
Bob Hobden

"Mike wrote in message
Now that we are past the good weather I am unsure what to do with my herb
fennel. Do I just leave it and hope it re-grows in spring? Do I cut it
back? If so how much?

It is also attracting a load of greenfly so I am tempted to cut it back.

Has it died back yet? If so cut just above ground level and it should
re-sprout in spring or a self sowed seedling will turn up somewhere nearby,
or more likely, everywhere nearby. :-)

--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars, there's bugger all down here.

Old 23-11-2003, 12:14 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from martin contains these words:
wrote:

Now that we are past the good weather I am unsure what to do with my herb
fennel.

The Italians think it is an aphrododisiac, because of it's shape.

Do I just leave it and hope it re-grows in spring? Do I cut it
back? If so how much?

It is also attracting a load of greenfly

and Italians?

My when my sister was at the University of Pisa she caused much
merriment in a shop when she asked for fennel by name - fenoccio - she
was told later that there are several vegetables a lady never asks for
by name. Fenoccio is one (in certain localities), and there it is slang
for a nancy-boy.

--
Rusty Hinge http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm

Dark thoughts about the Wumpus concerto played with piano,
iron bar and two sledge hammers. (Wumpus, 15/11/03)
Old 23-11-2003, 09:02 AM
martin

wrote:

Now that we are past the good weather I am unsure what to do with my herb
fennel.

The Italians think it is an aphrododisiac, because of it's shape.

Do I just leave it and hope it re-grows in spring? Do I cut it
back? If so how much?

It is also attracting a load of greenfly

and Italians?

My when my sister was at the University of Pisa she caused much
merriment in a shop when she asked for fennel by name - fenoccio - she
was told later that there are several vegetables a lady never asks for
by name. Fenoccio is one (in certain localities), and there it is slang
for a nancy-boy.

I found out in a similar manner. There's a small town near Frascati,
that I mispronounced as fenoccio. I don't think it's slang for a
nancy-boy in Rome, it's more to do with female parts.
--
Martin

Old 23-11-2003, 10:03 AM
Franz Heymann

wrote:

Now that we are past the good weather I am unsure what to do with my herb
fennel.

The Italians think it is an aphrododisiac, because of it's shape.

Do they have malformed men or malformed fennel?

[snip]

Franz

Old 23-11-2003, 10:03 AM
martin

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 09:47:23 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Now that we are past the good weather I am unsure what to do with my herb
fennel.

The Italians think it is an aphrododisiac, because of it's shape.

Do they have malformed men or malformed fennel?

female shape.
--
Martin
Old 23-11-2003, 12:32 PM
Franz Heymann

"martin" wrote in message
On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 09:47:23 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Now that we are past the good weather I am unsure what to do with my

herb
fennel.

The Italians think it is an aphrododisiac, because of it's shape.

Do they have malformed men or malformed fennel?

female shape.

The moment after I posted it, I realised that there was a "wo" missing in my
text.
Ah, well, you can't win all the time.
--
Martin

Old 23-11-2003, 03:13 PM
martin

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 12:29:22 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"martin" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 09:47:23 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Now that we are past the good weather I am unsure what to do with my

herb
fennel.

The Italians think it is an aphrododisiac, because of it's shape.

Do they have malformed men or malformed fennel?

female shape.

The moment after I posted it, I realised that there was a "wo" missing in my
text.
Ah, well, you can't win all the time.

In that case the answer is yes and no.
--