Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-2003, 09:43 PM
Troy

Default Electric greenhouse heaters

We had our first sub-zero temperatures last night and I was interested to
see the performance of my new Parasene "Frost Shield" 2Kw fan heater. I
only need frost protection for the greenhouse and so set it for just that -
(should protect at temperatures of 5°C and lower). Very disappointed this
morning to find that the greenhouse temperature had dropped to -1°C during
the night. The heater had switched itself on and off a few times but the
total on time was less than 2 hours.

Took it back to B&Q today and got a new one. This one seems to be working
the opposite way. It's a much warmer evening and it's (same settings)
already been on for over 4 hours with the greenhouse temperature currently
over 10°C.

Any ideas? Suggestions for a more reliable heater? I really don't want to

TIA.
--
Regards,

Troy the Black Lab.