Old 18-12-2003, 09:03 AM
Sue da Nimm

Default Storing chillies

"martin" wrote in message
http://web.bham.ac.uk/s.m.stocks.cen...illies/DIY.htm
--
Martin

Front page looks promising, but the freeserve link for the recipe doesn't
work for me (

Old 18-12-2003, 09:04 AM
Sue da Nimm

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
In article ,
The two methods I tend to use are drying and Hell Fire Sauce (chilli
sherry), but the latter is more suited to hot chillis rather than
Jalapenos. I would be surprised if they needed any special technique,
so any combination of brine and vinegar (according to taste) would
do. E.g. Modify a recipe for pickled radish pods :-)

I don't know anything about Rainbow chillis - are they hot, or salad
ones like Jalapenos?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

The Rainbows are small (about 1 inch long) and very fiery. They are
multicoloured at first, then go red.
The Jalapenos are nothing like the bland things you can buy in Mexican
Restaurants or in jars in supermarkets, They look the same but are hot
enough to make you blow steam! I use just two in my Tom Yam Goong and Thai
red curries - any more would destroy the palette and spoil the dish.

Old 18-12-2003, 09:04 AM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
"Sue da Nimm" . writes:

| The Rainbows are small (about 1 inch long) and very fiery. They are
| multicoloured at first, then go red.
| The Jalapenos are nothing like the bland things you can buy in Mexican
| Restaurants or in jars in supermarkets, They look the same but are hot
| enough to make you blow steam! I use just two in my Tom Yam Goong and Thai
| red curries - any more would destroy the palette and spoil the dish.

Thanks. Do they taste the same otherwise?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 18-12-2003, 09:44 AM
martin

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 08:37:26 -0000, "Sue da Nimm"
. wrote:

"martin" wrote in message
.. .
http://web.bham.ac.uk/s.m.stocks.cen...illies/DIY.htm
--
Martin

Front page looks promising, but the freeserve link for the recipe doesn't
work for me (

Sorry!
I suspect that they poisoned themselves.

--
Martin

Old 18-12-2003, 09:44 AM
martin

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 08:43:11 -0000, "Sue da Nimm"
. wrote:

[...]

are they real Cayenne Peppers?
--
Martin
Old 18-12-2003, 11:02 AM
Sue da Nimm

"Sue da Nimm" . writes:

| The Rainbows are small (about 1 inch long) and very fiery. They are
| multicoloured at first, then go red.
| The Jalapenos are nothing like the bland things you can buy in Mexican
| Restaurants or in jars in supermarkets, They look the same but are hot
| enough to make you blow steam! I use just two in my Tom Yam Goong and

Thai
| red curries - any more would destroy the palette and spoil the dish.

Thanks. Do they taste the same otherwise?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

They do have the distinctive jalapeno flavour, which for me makes them
preferable to other varieties that add fire but not flavour.

Old 18-12-2003, 11:33 AM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
"Sue da Nimm" . writes:

| They do have the distinctive jalapeno flavour, which for me makes them
| preferable to other varieties that add fire but not flavour.

Interesting. My current crop is Thai Dragon, which is similar in
that respect (though they taste very different).

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 18-12-2003, 01:04 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message

| Seeds available with s.a.e.......

Yes, please. Where should I send it to?

Emu dispatched.

--
Rusty Hinge

Dark thoughts about the Wumpus concerto played with piano,
iron bar and two sledge hammers. (Wumpus, 15/11/03)

Old 18-12-2003, 01:32 PM
martin

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 12:30:02 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

The message

| Seeds available with s.a.e.......

Yes, please. Where should I send it to?

Emu dispatched.

Golden goose followed by turkey next?
--
Martin
Old 18-12-2003, 01:42 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
martin writes:
| On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 12:30:02 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades
| wrote:
|
| The message
| from (Nick Maclaren) contains these words:
|
| | Seeds available with s.a.e.......
|
| Yes, please. Where should I send it to?
|
| Emu dispatched.
|
| Golden goose followed by turkey next?

Rheally!

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 18-12-2003, 02:04 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from (jane) contains these words:

~| Seeds available with s.a.e.......
~
~Yes, please. Where should I send it to?
~

Could I have a few seeds too, please?
8-)

(And likewise)

emu dispatched.

--
Rusty Hinge

Dark thoughts about the Wumpus concerto played with piano,
iron bar and two sledge hammers. (Wumpus, 15/11/03)

Chillies Not Flowering Sarah Dale United Kingdom 3 16-08-2003 12:33 AM
Chillies Kieron United Kingdom 7 27-07-2003 07:03 PM
Newbie: Growing chillies indoors sprocket United Kingdom 25 19-04-2003 05:44 PM
Newbie: Growing chillies indoors Martin Sykes Edible Gardening 3 24-02-2003 10:18 AM
Newbie: Growing chillies indoors Martin Sykes Gardening 2 24-02-2003 10:17 AM