Old 28-12-2003, 06:42 PM
Gea Jones

Default Bronze Fennel

I once grew some bronze fennel and absolutely loved it,
it grew very tall , but only lasted two seasons,[maybe slugs]
I want some for this year any tips on when to plant, seeds or potted
already, best conditions
thankyou
Gea
--
http://community.webtv.net/AveAveAlt...ROSYHEALINGFOR
©

Old 28-12-2003, 09:44 PM
The Hoopeses

Gea Jones wrote:

I once grew some bronze fennel and absolutely loved it,
it grew very tall , but only lasted two seasons,[maybe slugs]
I want some for this year any tips on when to plant, seeds or potted
already, best conditions
thankyou
Gea
--
http://community.webtv.net/AveAveAlt...ROSYHEALINGFOR
©

I've transplanted pots of it in the spring, but it's difficult to guess
where the seeds will sprout the following year. You could go by
whichever date you first see it available in nurseries, or, if you'd
planted it the previous year, go by when you have some solid little
seedlings (ca. 3-4 inches high). If you can get the whole tap root out
with the seedlings, you may have some luck in transplanting those.
We've kept it going in a community garden for several years, but it does
spread. It works its way into areas where it shouldn't be, while spots
you have set up for it remain bare. Good luck.

-
Al

Old 28-12-2003, 10:16 PM
Sacha

Gea Jones28/12/03 6:38

I once grew some bronze fennel and absolutely loved it,
it grew very tall , but only lasted two seasons,[maybe slugs]
I want some for this year any tips on when to plant, seeds or potted
already, best conditions
thankyou
Gea
--
http://community.webtv.net/AveAveAlt...ROSYHEALINGFOR
©

IME, it just seeds itself all over the place. Just wait for next spring!
I've tried to email you with regard to that Buddleia I'm trying to identify
and of which you have trees - I think you said. Could you post or email me
the name, please?
--

Sacha
(remove the 'x' to email me)

Old 28-12-2003, 11:32 PM
Gea Jones

"Sacha" wrote in message
.. .
Gea Jones28/12/03 6:38

I once grew some bronze fennel and absolutely loved it,
it grew very tall , but only lasted two seasons,[maybe slugs]
I want some for this year any tips on when to plant, seeds or potted
already, best conditions
thankyou
Gea
--
http://community.webtv.net/AveAveAlt...ROSYHEALINGFOR
©

IME, it just seeds itself all over the place. Just wait for next spring!
I've tried to email you with regard to that Buddleia I'm trying to

identify
and of which you have trees - I think you said. Could you post or email

me
the name, please?
--

Sacha
(remove the 'x' to email me)

Sorry, the long delay, well it was from some wasteland I just found loads of
little plants, and took a couple,
the whole lot got built on,
it's definitely Buddleia Davidii , but nothing exciting like Black Knight,
it is a lilac colour, could be Empire Blue,
Hope you find some, it grows into trees, about 12 feet tall , this is North
Devon, so the climate is a bit milder,
plants can grow here that have problems in other parts of UK
Gea

Old 29-12-2003, 10:32 AM
John Flax

Default l